    Then, one adds trusted websites to a white list.

    Can one remove access to _any_ website initially in Firefox?
    If this is not possible, can this be done in another non-IE browser?

    Albert, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Albert

    1PW Guest

    Hello Albert:

    I'm not sure if this is going to answer your question.

    A proper entry in your computer's HOSTS file will forbid access
    regardless of the browser.

    1PW, Oct 3, 2009

  3. Albert

    nemo_outis Guest

    Firefox achieves this through add-ons. (This allows you to tailor your
    security to suit your needs with a fair degree of granularity. The
    downside is that newbies may not know which to select and why.)

    The particular one closest to what you've specifically asked for is
    "blocksite" which allows you to manage blacklist and/or whitelist.
    Another addon that approaches this problem from a slightly different
    direction is "Adblock Plus."

    Two Firefox security addons I consider essential are "Flashblock" and
    "Noscript." And lastly (not quite essential but still very useful) is
    BetterPrivacy (for managing flash cookies, etc.)

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Oct 3, 2009
  4. Albert

    Albert Guest