    A warning box appears saying: cannot fin
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.ex
    Can anybody please assist me????? Pleeeeease

    haavja, Mar 4, 2005

  2. haavja

    Jerry G. Guest

    You must have somehow deleted the rundll32.exe file! I would not know how
    this can be done, unless someone was in there and did it.

    The only chance you may have fix this is to put in the Windows installation
    disk, and try to do the repair.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Oh no..... I was about to remove some spyware and to disable System
    Restore in my Win XP. Suddenly I cannot get access to the admin. tools.
    A warning box appears saying: cannot find
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    Can anybody please assist me????? Pleeeeease?

    Jerry G., Mar 4, 2005

  3. haavja

    Artemis Guest

    Anyone with half a pea-brain would suggest looking in the recycle bin
    before doing a repair install.

    Artemis, Mar 5, 2005
  4. haavja

    haavja Guest

    Actually I looked in my Recyclebin.... but nothin

    How the h... could this have happend, I suspect spyware or simmilar
    Started to notice this as i could`nt get into the firewall settings

    Howar

    haavja, Mar 5, 2005
  5. haavja

    Spider Guest

    3/5/2005 7:31:28 AM
    php?t=1819044835
    Howard,
    There are two ways you can recover from this without having to run a
    repair. One, you can put your WinXP CD in the drive and go to a
    command prompt and type SFC /SCANNOW. That might do it. If not, go
    to Start / Programs / Acessories / System Tools and run System
    Restore. Pick a restore point back in time when you know everything
    was working properly. Only after those two steps fail should you
    consider a repair.

    Spider

    http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
    http://spider1.blogspot.com/