    Guest Guest

    washington state has no state income tax, and no longer charges 'insane
    amounts' to register vehicles.

    Guest, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Derek Fountain

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Are you sure about that income tax? Last I heard, Texas was the only
    state without one. Since it would take a constitutional amendment to
    add one in Texas, it isn't likely, at least in my lifetime.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Derek Fountain

    Owamanga Guest

    There are seven states with no income tax:

    Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming

    Owamanga, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Derek Fountain

    Ron Hunter Guest

    The south and west still cling to reason. Good to know.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Yes, my humorous, cynical statement which was meant to be taken in
    literal truth with NO humor attached.

    Right.
    Er, no.

    http://www.taxesindepth.com/state-taxes-Washington.html
    Yeah... didn't I say that several times already?
    They have to PAY for those services, yes, but they are not subject to a
    myriad of taxing districts and authorities. That makes tax time so much
    easier.
    What does this have to do with presidential election politics? You
    obviously live in what's commonly referred to a "red" state and you have
    strong ideological feelings about the matter. So, to that end, if it
    floats your ideological boat - great. But you still pay taxes, and in
    number of taxes, you pay a hell of a lot more than I do.
    Which has a very simple, centralized tax system. And a very high
    standard of living, low poverty rate... I could go on, but that would be
    insulting to Mississippi.
    Christ you're dense.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Really? That must be new. A coworker of mine had to pay nearly $600 a
    year for his new Saturn sedan. Of course, his 1978 Ford Pickup cost him
    like $50, but talk about discouraging new car sales...

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 24, 2005
  7. A lot of states don't have state income taxes. Texas is certainly not
    unique in that respect.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Derek Fountain

    Guest Guest

    it changed roughly five years ago. they basically matched oregon, which
    has cheap registration. it is still onboxiously high in california,
    however...

    Guest, Feb 24, 2005
  9. A lot of things are obnoxiously expensive in California. They're lucky
    they have an economy larger than most European nations - otherwise they
    wouldn't be able to afford any of it.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 25, 2005
  10. Last year the "onboxiously high" car taxes in California were rolled
    back to "high".

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Feb 25, 2005
  11. Progress abounds!