    I removed a WinXP pro PC from the domain but the Local policy that
    allows certain users to login in interactively is locked. How can I
    remove or reset these settings?

    Piet Slaghekke, Nov 12, 2006

  2. Piet  Slaghekke

    why? Guest

    The domain administrator or local administrator account.

    Me

    why?, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Piet  Slaghekke

    Petrus4 Guest

    I removed the computer from a windows domain and then connected it to
    unix domain. The windows domain settings remain and will not let uni
    users login.

    I am logged in as the local administrator and I cannot change thes
    settings. If I reattach the pc to the windows domain and also login a
    the domain administrator I also cannot change these settings

    Petrus4, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Piet  Slaghekke

    why? Guest

    Then you will need to find which account has access to policy settings.

    You may need to delete and recreate the machine account from the domain,
    the reconnect and let the macjine account auto recreate.

    By removed from a windows domain, you mean changed the machine from a
    domain member to a workgroup member? That's the setting you can't change
    or is it a local security policy setting?

    Maybe it's Local Security Settings / User Rights Assignment / Deny Logon
    Locally , list of accounts.

    It's also assumed you mean domain, AD controller not NT4. If it's AD
    then you may also have to add Domain Userrs / Domain Admins to the User
    Rights Assignments and perhaps Domain Security / Log On Locally add the
    user accounts needed.

    You should find this sort of thign from www.google.com , as in 4 seconds
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Win_Security/Q_20963673.html

    Lists lots of articles and links to poilcy and interactive stuff.

    Me

    why?, Nov 13, 2006