Local lan access with cisco 3.5.2 vpn client

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Gary Smith, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Gary Smith

    Gary Smith Guest

    Hello,

    I have been having problems accessing the local lan with the cisco vpn
    client after connecting. I have enabled local lan access (which I can
    verify by pinging the internet directly). The problem is that the
    company which I am connecting to have specified that 10.0.0.0/17 as
    their netmask (large company, multiple sites). My personal network is
    10.0.0.0/24, 10.0.1.0/24 and 10.0.2.0/24. These blocks are unused at
    the local (in fact all 10.0.x.x are unused (they start at something
    like 10.10.0.0 and up).

    I therefore cannot ping any local machine on my local net because I
    thinks these are remote. Is there as way to append to the local lan
    routes for the cisco client after the connection has been made?

    I have already asked that the add these to the cisco unit and they
    said since it's not broke for them they won't fix it (which makes
    sense of course).

    Can this override be done? Split tunnel is enabled.

    TIA,

    Gary Smith

    Gary Smith, Jan 15, 2004