Local Lan Access on Windows Cisco VPN Version 5.0.00.0340

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by godshiva, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. godshiva

    godshiva Guest

    I have selected the box "Allow Local Lan Access" in one of my VPN
    connections and this has resolved most of my connectivity issues. I
    am now able to run messenger applications and access regular internet
    pages without setting up a proxy server to run over the VPN.

    However, sometimes the client becomes confused (presumably) on what is
    or is not "local".

    For instance there's an intranet website that I cannot access when
    using the VPN client.
    There is a shared drive on a remote computer which I access through an
    IP address which seems to be attempting to access locally (and failing
    of course)

    These are opposite problems. I can access the intranet website if I
    disconnect from the VPN client - and I can access the remote shared
    drive if I turn off "Allow Local Lan Access".

    Any way to tell the client exceptions - or specific what is or is not
    LAN? Everything works great with the box checked except these two
    silly simple things.

    godshiva, Jul 11, 2007