    With this, I believe, that the phone adapter must be configured for NAT
    (Network Address Translation)
    See: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/NAT.html

    dc, Mar 5, 2005

  2. hawat.thufir

    hawat.thufir Guest

    [..]

    What's meant by installing the second NIC? the 802.11b USB NIC utility
    and driver were installed from a CD. Are you referring to the internal
    ethernet NIC? The ethernet NIC was physically installed prior to the
    802.11b NIC.

    Thanks,

    Thufir

    hawat.thufir, Mar 5, 2005

  3. hawat.thufir

    dc Guest

    from what I understand in your previous post, the wire less connection goes
    into your PC, to provide the internet, then you have the second non-wireless
    NIC. The non wireless nic is where the crossover cable would plug in, and
    where the internet connection sharing would be setup. Basically I think its
    set up by giving it an internal address (192.168.1.1, or something along
    those lines) in the Network properties of the NIC.

    dc, Mar 5, 2005
  4. hawat.thufir

    hawat.thufir Guest

    dc wrote:
    [..]
    yes.

    thanks,

    Thufir

    hawat.thufir, Mar 5, 2005
  5. hawat.thufir

    hawat.thufir Guest

    hey, I bought the crossover cable ($14.99 CAD at radioshack), plugged
    everything in, enabled ICS and...nothing. Took a nap, woke up,
    everything works :)

    thanks for the help, guys!

    Thufir

    hawat.thufir, Mar 7, 2005
  6. hawat.thufir

    dc Guest

    I am glad it worked. I will need to get one too then for when I hook it up
    to my PC :D

    dc, Mar 7, 2005
  7. hawat.thufir

    hawat.thufir Guest

    dc wrote:
    [..]
    had I known that it, the crossover cable, was required I would've
    really pushed for them to substitute the regular cable for a crossover
    cable...you might make an argument that the regular cable isn't
    sufficient.

    -Thufir

    hawat.thufir, Mar 10, 2005
  8. hawat.thufir

    dc Guest

    From digital voice, I didn't get a network cable. Network cables aren't
    normally included with things.

    dc, Mar 11, 2005
  9. hawat.thufir

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    With "things"? I guess they are not normally included with toasters, string
    cheese, or sans-a-belt slacks, no. But a good share of the networking
    hardware I've bought over the years (wireless router, PMCIA ethernet
    adapter, Vonage ATA, etc.) has included them.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 11, 2005
  10. hawat.thufir

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    I got one with my Sipura SPA-2000 and with the Grandstream ATA-486 and
    with the Netgear DM602 modem/router and.....

    Yes they are..!

    Ivor

    PS I have a reel of bulk cable and usually crimp my own, but they *are*
    supplied. Usually anyway.

    Ivor Jones, Mar 11, 2005
  11. hawat.thufir

    dc Guest

    U are right. I am sorry. I did get one with mine. I just forgot I had
    given it to a friend becuase I have so many. They do not come with copiers
    that can be connected, is what I should have said.
    dc

    dc, Mar 11, 2005