    trying to go wireless but my connection is weak however my host is fine but
    when i tried to do the connection wizard to find the problem this pops up can
    someone please tell me what this is. thanks so much

    Guest, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    The Realtek NIC is your ethernet (wired) card. If you aren't connecting
    with an ethernet cable, that is why it is showing unplugged (because it
    *is* unplugged). Don't worry about it.

    As for your wireless problems, post back with what hardware you are
    using - both in your computer and your wireless router.

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, i am using a Linksys Wireless G PCI adapter in my newly purchased
    emachines computer and a Linksys Wireless B 2.4 ghz broadband router on my
    other newly purchased dell computer. my host computer (dell) is in the garage
    and is fine but the one in our bedroom (emachine) is only reading a
    connection on the highest is 11.0 but usually 1.0 and should be 400 at least.
    i have service through cable (adelphia) my connection in the bedroom is also
    dropping. thanks for your help i really appreciate it.

    Guest, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    If your wireless router is in the garage and the bedroom computer
    doesn't get a strong signal, then perhaps the distance is too far or
    there is other interference. That's the thing about wireless; you never
    know how well it is going to perform because external factors like
    building structure (materials), competing signals, distance, etc. all
    make a difference.

    You could try changing the channel on your wireless router. I believe
    the default is 6; maybe try 11. Do this by configuring your router from
    within your browser. Refer to the Linksys manual for complete
    directions. Try putting the wireless router in a different place;
    higher up for instance. Make sure it isn't in one of those enclosed
    computer desks. Otherwise, here is a link about extending wireless
    distance:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    thanks again, i will try that. i do appreciate your help and you reply time
    was so fast. thanks again.

    Guest, Oct 24, 2005
  6. Guest

    Malke Guest

    You're welcome. I hope you get it sorted.

    Malke

    Malke, Oct 24, 2005
  7. Sounds like you aren't using it. Just disable it and it wont show up again
    in the tray.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 24, 2005