Loadsharing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pat, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Hi all,

    We got a discharged Office connected through 2 Leased-Lines with 2Mbit
    each.

    -----------Modem------2Mbit-----Modem------------
    Switch channel channel Switch
    -----------Modem------2Mbit-----Modem------------

    The switches are connected with ethernet to the modem. The switches are
    connected with a trunk end the two connections are configured as a
    channel.

    Now, is it possible to share and not balance the bandwidth?
    (Load-balancing with the port-channel)

    thanks in advance

    regards
    Pat

    Pat, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Pat

    luqs Guest

    r u saying that u dont want to use etherchannel?
    There are many options to load balance etherchannel trafic, but keep in
    mind it is never balanced 50-50.

    luqs, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    I'm looking for a solution, that ONE individual User can use more than
    2Mbit temporary. So load-balancing with MAC-, IP-Address or Port is not
    desired.

    Pat, Jan 19, 2006
  4. Pat

    luqs Guest

    If u had a router at both ends, u could creat two tunnels and load
    balance across them..Sorry, I dont know much more than that..

    luqs, Jan 27, 2006
  5. Pat

    anybody43 Guest

    We got a discharged Office connected through 2 Leased-Lines with 2Mbit
    Multilink PPP?
    Need routers and not switches though.

    Routing and per packet load balancing?

    anybody43, Jan 27, 2006
  6. Pat

    anybody43 Guest

    We got a discharged Office connected through 2 Leased-Lines with 2Mbit
    http://www.rad-direct.com/Product-Family-inverse-multiplexer-t1-bonding.htm?menuId2=ProductMenu

    And many other similar products.

    anybody43, Jan 27, 2006