    wondered if it is really needed and/or if it has any other unique properties
    that I can't live without.

    As always thanks for any input.

    fmaas, Jan 17, 2004

  2. fmaas

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    "fmaas" <> wrote in message
    news:zVgOb.2351$...
    > Told you I would be back with questions.
    >
    > Is the Nikon Capture software the only way to load "curves" to the Nikon
    > D100 camera? So far the curves I have found refer to the use of the Nikon
    > program.
    > I downloaded Nikon Capture 4 but I have Photoshop CS (8) and don't, as

    far
    > as I can see so far, need the Nikon software for any photo editing

    purpose.

    > Before I pay $99 for the Nikon software (using the trial right now) I
    > wondered if it is really needed and/or if it has any other unique

    properties
    > that I can't live without.
    >
    > As always thanks for any input.

    The only way I know of to load curves into the camera is with Capture
    Control. You can use the trial period to load them, but after that, if you
    want to change the curve, you'll need the full version. Sad that Nikon set
    it up that way. I have found that different curves can help depending on
    your shooting situation. I also wish each bank (A/B) could have its own
    curve - only one loaded at a time.

    Chris Hoopes, Jan 18, 2004