    How do I correct this error please?

    Thanks

    Debbie

    Debbie, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Debbie

    °Mike° Guest

    Take a look at your event viewer (Start / Run / eventvwr.msc)
    and see what the error message is pointing to. Post
    back with more details.

    You may also want to scan your system for malware/viruses.
    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    Thank you Mike.

    I downloaded and ran all the programs you mentioned. Spybot removed 25
    files.
    But the 'loader.exe' file is still persistent!
    Also ran eventvwr.msc but don't know what to look for.
    Shows application, Security and system in left pane. The right pane has too
    many items to list except for Security which has nothing in it!
    Am away until tomorrow night but look forward to your advise.

    Thanks again for taking the time and effort to reply.

    Debbie

    Debbie, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Debbie

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, I don't have any more to go on. One thing, though,
    you keep refering to an actual file "loader.exe", but I
    suggest that there is no such file. The error that you
    quoted "Loader couldn't initialise service" suggests
    that the service "loader" is having problems loading
    some third party software, which you need to identify.
    View / Filter... Uncheck 'Information' and 'Success Audit'
    for each section (Application / Security / System).
    Look in the Application and the System sections, for
    the correct time period, and see if you can identify
    anything that corresponds with the error you have been
    getting.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004
  5. A 'loader.exe' file is often associated with a software 'crack', the
    'loader' file loads the crack. Unless a program is not starting then
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a program that doesn't start
    then it is likely that'loader.exe' is the culprit and you may need to
    reinstall the program.

    As the file (loader.exe) is trying to load at startup, open
    'msconfig' (Start-Run-Msconfig) and remove the check mark against
    'loader.exe', that should stop the annoyance of the message at
    startup.

    Edward W. Thompson, Dec 20, 2004