    or would it be better to do a fresh install?
    I hate having to re-install loads of software and there is always
    something gets mised in the back up

    Martin, Jan 16, 2012

  2. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hi R. C.
    I have been following these directions

    'Using the Windows 7 64 bit disk, install the Windows 7 Windows Easy
    Transfer Utility from the DVD (To find it, just navigate to
    x:\support\migwiz, 'x:' represents the name of your disk drive. In
    this folder, you will see a collection of files, the important one you
    need to look for and double click is 'migsetup'.) , run it and create
    a WET file (Windows Easy Transfer file), if you have an external hard
    disk, you can have it stored there so you can access it later when you
    do a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit disk.'

    I have looked on my DVD for WET but can't find it!!
    Would u know if I can download a WET type program?

    Martin, Jan 17, 2012

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Super info R C
    Did the WET tranfer to an external dard drive, now to save a few
    downloads & I'm ready to install 7
    I learn something new every day
    Thank you for persevering with my problem

    Martin, Jan 18, 2012