Load Balancing of Two WAN private IPs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by DumbHead, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. DumbHead

    DumbHead Guest

    Hi,
    I don't know if the subject is set right or no!
    here is what I have and what I intend to do!

    I have a simple office which has 20 comps and they all have to use
    internet to and only plain simple internet no VPNs or any carp of that
    sort.

    Now here is what I am doing right now I have one ISP cable and that
    comes on one computer which use ICS to distribute the internet to the
    other pcs.

    Everything is fine everything works great but the catch is that my isp
    has a download limit..after which it charges on per mb basis. Well
    thats normal but I am a poor man...Ok now ... the solution I am using
    ... I got another ISP.. so when one ISP limit is done I use the other
    one..
    here is the example

    isp A -- gives 150mb download free per day --so if the speed of 256kbps
    is used the entire quota is downloaded within 2 1/2 hrs.

    isp B-gives unlimited download free per day BUT the max speed is only
    96kbps.

    My requirement is to merge both isps into one isp A 150mb on 64kbps
    will work for 10 hrs and isp B unlimited download will be there for the
    entire day and I will get a speed of 96+64 kbps == that is roughly good
    as 256kbps.

    Now both of the isps use the private ips at my end 10.0.*.* and
    192.168.*.* and I don't have a public ip.

    I am looking for a cheap solution ... platform win XP

    Please advice..

    DumbHead, Nov 15, 2005

  2. DumbHead

    Rod Dorman Guest

    Sorry but my newsreader must have deleted the text where you described
    what Cisco gear you're using.

    Rod Dorman, Nov 15, 2005

  3. DumbHead

    DumbHead Guest

    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.

    I do not have any cisco router as of now.
    I am open to all kind of solutions Cisco preferred.

    Thanks and Regards

    DumbHead, Nov 15, 2005