LiveUpdate "notice" folder now in Start- All Programs (XP)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, May 14, 2007.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Anyone else see this on theirs' - was created on my Pc Sat morning:

    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
    Shared\PIF\{my-prg-ID-removed}\PIFSvc.exe" /PIFSvc /a /m "C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{my prg ID
    removed}\AlertEng.dll" -DShowUI

    Comment for shortcut is:
    "LiveUpdate Notice Keep up to date with Norton notices."

    "Find target" for shortcut and folder has a readme.txt from Symantec -
    .... Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003 ...
    Portions of this Symantec product contain components from bzip.org: lib
    bzip v1.0.3.
    Copyright © 1996-2005 Julian R Seward. All rights reserved. This
    component is made
    available under the Bzip BSD-Like License, a copy of which is provided
    herein.
    .....< snipped >
    ends with :
    "Julian Seward, Cambridge, UK.

    bzip2/libbzip2 version 1.0.3 of 15 February 2005 "

    - Bobb -, May 14, 2007