    Thanks in advance...

    P.S. If there is a more appropriate newsgroup for this post, please
    let me know.

    thats, May 20, 2004

  2. thats

    Unk Guest

    Check the "Scheduled Tasks".
    There should be an entry for "Symantec NetDetect"
    It's set to check once a day.

    Unk, May 20, 2004

  3. Hello "thats"

    Try here: (http://service.symantec.com/fixit)

    Good Luck , [email protected]

    [email protected], May 20, 2004
  4. thats

    XMan Guest

    Where do you get the idea it runs every four hours? Symantec NetDetect runs
    every 5 minutes looking for a network connection to the Internet. When one
    is found, Automatic LiveUpdate checks for any new anti-virus definitions. If
    any are found, they are downloaded immediately (unless you choose to be
    notified first). If program updates are available you will be notified, but
    they are not downloaded. Meanwhile NetDetect continues detecting. It's not
    unknown to receive two or more updates within a 4 hour period, but normally
    you can expect at least one automatic download per week.

    LiveUpdate is not quite the same as Automatic LiveUpdate. The former updates
    ALL supported Symantec products in one fell swoop. The latter will simply
    notify you of any updates and (optionally) download new virus definitions.

    XMan, May 20, 2004
  5. thats

    thats Guest

    You can have LiveUpdate check for protection updates automatically, on
    a set schedule, by enabling Automatic LiveUpdate. Automatic LiveUpdate
    checks for an Internet connection every five minutes until a
    connection is found, and then every four hours.

    However, something goes awry, and under Live Update/Options/Report
    last LiveUpdate it gives the following error message:

    LU1801: LiveUpdate session canceled
    LiveUpdate was canceled. You should run LiveUpdate again later to
    retrieve any available updates.

    The Symantec web site's knowledge base (http://snipurl.com/6ls7) says
    this about that LU1801 error:

    LU1801: LiveUpdate session canceled. LiveUpdate was canceled. You
    should run LiveUpdate again later to retrieve any available updates.
    This message is displayed if you click Cancel during the LiveUpdate
    session. The message can be ignored. Run LiveUpdate again at your
    convenience.

    But I had *not* clicked Cancel during the LiveUpdate session. Any idea
    what could be going wrong, and how to fix it?

    thats, May 23, 2004
  6. thats

    Guest Guest

    I had the same problem, it acted like it was doing the live update thing,
    but this list that was scrolling quickly said "not completed" or something
    like that. Anyway, I just removed ALL of my Norton Security Internet and
    Norton works, then turned of the computer of course, and reloaded it. I
    also got my new year of subscription to Live Update for having it the first
    year, even though I had just paid for the year. Hope this works, it did for
    mine.

    Guest, May 23, 2004
  7. thats

    thats Guest

    If I follow you, you're saying that I should completely uninstall both
    Norton Antivirus2003 and Norton Personal Firewall2003 (both of which
    are paid for up-to-date and current), then turn off my computer, and
    then to completely re-install them both?

    And am not sure I understand your "I also got my new year of
    subscription to Live Update for having it the first year, even though
    I had just paid for the year." Do you mean that you had to re-purchase
    it, i.e., pay for it it twice?

    Thanks for your help; will be looking forward to your clarification.

    thats, May 23, 2004