    All of a sudden my computer isn't displaying gif files. I get that little
    white box with the red X in it. What have I done to create this problem
    and how do I un-do it? Thanks.

    Puzzled, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Puzzled

    Cassie Guest

    Mike, you are definitely one of the best resources on the internet :)
    Many thanks!

    Cassie, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Puzzled

    Richard Guest

    Try right clicking on a gif file, then select "open with".
    Check the box at the bottom, choose the program.

    In older versions of windows, hold the shift key down while right clicking.

    You may have removed the associated program.

    Richard, Dec 12, 2004
  5. Puzzled

    Cassie Guest

    Thanks, Richard, but I'm not in any program - just searching for clipart
    for a business card.

    Cassie, Dec 12, 2004
  6. How are you doing that without being "in any program"? Magic?

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 12, 2004
  7. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh, I doubt that, but thanks for the compliment, anyway. :)

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2004
  8. Puzzled

    Duck ducking Guest