Little problem for listenig radio station FF 1.0

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by rondkopf, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. rondkopf

    rondkopf Guest

    Hello all,

    Almost daily I listen to a Mexican radio station since years, but after
    the last removal of the "Real Player 10", some days ago, and installing
    "Real alternative" I have got a little problem. Normally I browse with
    FireFox 1.0 to www.monitor.com.mx and then press the button that says
    "ESCUCHA MONITOR" that causes popping up the little window of the
    "Download Manager" asking what to do with "fuente1.ram" where I choose to
    open with mplayerc.exe (Media Player Classic) and done! Now I reach until
    the "Download Manager" asking what to do but the "OK" button is disable.
    Why is this happening? How can I solve it?

    I have to add that I have no problem, and I never had, to get this radio
    station playing, it is just the annoyance of the block "OK" button. I
    have updated "Real Alternative" more than once and still no problems. It
    is just with the last switch back from "Real Player 10" to "Real
    Alternative". Getting another sites with Real or Quick media to play is
    not a problem.

    My work arrounds are:

    -Using MSIE which invokes MPC whithout no problem.
    -Directly from FF or MPC I open the following adress:
    rtsp://148.243.231.101/broadcast/live-monitor.rm

    Finally I should mention that I visited FF webforums and tried several
    solutions suggested at the topic:
    "Complete Embedded Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Guide for Windows
    Users"
    http://tinyurl.com/5hbry

    TIA

    From Milan

    Mauricio

    rondkopf, Feb 16, 2005

  2. rondkopf

    Me Guest

    What is "real alternative"? Has someone come up with something to
    replace Real Player? I'd be interested in that because I am often
    needing Real Player, but I wont install that spyware infested piece of
    junk.

    Me, Feb 16, 2005

  3. rondkopf

    rondkopf Guest

    well....it is a quite popular replacement for RP, it gives to your system
    the possibility to play Real media formats.

    Just Google a little bit....

    mauricio

    rondkopf, Feb 16, 2005