Little advice please

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by huath, Feb 18, 2009.

  1. huath

    huath Guest

    Hi guys

    I have a question. Well possibly several but lets start with one.

    I am going through a NASTY divorce, and my soon to be ex wife has on
    at least one occasion gotten access to my gmail accounts. I moved to
    random 12 digit passwords and had a while with out her getting in.
    Recently she has claimed that some other people she pissed off (long
    story NOT important) have had hacked ME and are using my emails to
    upset her. Apart from making no sense. My only other change has been
    that I moved from a motoQ on sprint to an iPhone. I avoid wireless
    networks (even my own secure one at home and work). She is staying
    that it is because of the iPhone they have access (strange, only she
    knows I have one).

    So comments.

    First I am using the https setting for my gmail when on my computer,
    and I scan my home PC all the time for problems (it’s where I found
    she had installed a program via Mozilla to monitor me)

    Second should I use the inbuilt app on iPhone, or the secure login? Or
    neither (that would suck but ok….).

    Third. Any advice on getting her and or them back?

    huath, Feb 18, 2009

  2. huath

    huath Guest

    Damn I knew I’d forget something. I did spot via Gmails little
    friendly tracker of who is logged in an IP that was not mine. It was
    not my iPhone checking, my home IP or my work IP. It traced to CA (I
    live sadly in WI) where duh duh duh my wife is on a business trip.

    What I also forgot to mention is we both (well I know I did and she
    claims it) lost ‘control’ of gmail for a day. It got reset. I’m
    dubious of her loosing hers but ok….

    huath, Feb 18, 2009