    How do I apply this please.
    Thanks.
    Calum

    Calum, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Hi.
    By following the installation instructions on the Liteon web site.

    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Calum

    Calum Guest

    Do you mean this.
    If so, how do you get a "text file" to do anything ?

    Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of
    your drive.
    Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    Please close all applications under Windows.
    Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    upgrade.
    Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    drives ).
    Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    Calum, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    The installation instructions are indeed in text format - it's what makes
    them so easy to read :)

    The zip file DR4FSOF.zip on the firmware download page
    (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm), however, extracts
    to and executable file (FSOF.exe). Which bit don't you understand?

    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Calum

    Calum Guest

    I think it's you who has the problem understanding.
    As already stated, the file has unzipped as an FS07.BIN
    file, which although is a text file, is in no way readable,
    unless you know what this means ¡@òÒ etc.
    One of us is on the wrong NG, I thought this was
    24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    You're not much help at all.

    Calum, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    According to the download I have just repeated the zip file, when
    uncompressed with WinZip 8.1 (4331), comes out as an 1.3Mb exe file. I
    suggest you try the download again - it's always possible that it was
    corrupted when you tried it before. It has a yellow icon with the letters
    'Up' in pink italic and 'FW' in red below.

    I've uploaded the uncompressed file to my personal webspace
    (www.pcave.plus.com/FSOF.exe) so you can download it from there. It goes
    without saying that you should exercise caution and run every antivirus on
    the file!

    HTH

    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  7. Calum

    Trent C Guest

    Just downloaded the FS07 firmware for Liteon LDW-411S.
    Sorry, that link should read as follows: www.pcave.plus.com/FS0F.exe (didn't
    spot the zero).

    Trent C, Nov 24, 2003
  8. Calum

    Patrick Guest

    I am in agreement with 'Trent C', as he says, the file "DR4FS0F.zip"
    contains;
    \DR4FS0F\FS0F.exe
    Size: 1.32 MB (1,388,544 bytes)
    Created & Modified : 17 November 2003, 17:51:44

    Patrick, Nov 24, 2003
  9. Calum

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Do the following.

    Make sure your drive's model name by inspecting the safety label on top of
    your drive.
    Download the ZIP file with correct model name.
    Please unzip the downloaded ZIP file.
    Please close all applications under Windows.
    Please make sure to keep power supplier without any interruption during
    upgrade.
    Execute the firmware upgrade execution file.
    Select the drive you want to upgrade ( if you have more than one LITE-ON
    drives ).
    Upgrading ( No power interruption ).
    Reboot your PC to see if the firmware has been changed.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Nov 25, 2003