    something simple, but I'm stuck!!
    Can anyone help me please?
    Many thanks

    Richard & Veronica, Nov 12, 2005

  2. I forgot to add I'm using windows XP Pro SP2!

    Richard & Veronica, Nov 12, 2005

  3. Richard & Veronica

    Frank Guest

    Check for driver update from the CD manf. They equipment may not be
    compliant to SP2 (It does happen).

    A necessary question:
    Did you upgrade your system to SP2? If so did you disable your Anti-virus
    software? Reason being there are many times when you update windows. If you
    have Anti-virus software running the Update will become corrupted. This will
    inturn corrupt your OS (windows). At which point you can either do one of
    these to fix the issue.

    1. Back up all data and reinstall original Xp then SP2 update, with
    Anti-virus disabled. then all the software that came with your system will
    have to be re-installed. (Ouch!!)
    2. Uninstall all software pertaining to Said Drive and reinstall with
    Anti-virus disabled.
    3. You may have a Bad laser emitter and the drive has to be replaced.

    Frank
    MCSE, MCSD, CCNA, Microsoft Beta Tester Tier III

    Frank, Nov 13, 2005