    Devil505 Guest

    Is there hardware or software that would enable me to listen to my local
    radio stations over my PC?

    Devil505, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Devil505

    Thor Guest

    Simply check your local station's website (most stations seem to have one
    these days) and see if they offer a broadcast stream. You will likely need
    either RealOnePlayer, or windows media player to listen online. Otherwise,
    there are AM/FM tuner cards that can be installed in your PC to turn it into
    a nice radio set.

    Thor, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Devil505

    Chet Guest

    Like why pay $10.95 for a radio when you can build one for only $900!!!

    Chet, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Devil505

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Amazingly enough, an FM tuner for your existing PC costs less than $30.
    The software is usually much more feature packed than an $11 radio as well.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Devil505

    Warren Barr Guest

    can you record the live radio stream? I am putting way too much strain
    on my Archos recording 5 hours a day of a certain talk radio show.

    Thanks.

    Warren Barr, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Devil505

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Warren Barr) wrote in @storefull-2236.public.lawson.webtv.net:
    Most software should be able to record the stream for you, but I would
    double check the software included with the card.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 20, 2003
  7. Devil505

    Night_Seer Guest

    The new Radeon AIW 9600 not only does TV, with tivo like features, but does
    Radio as well (with Tivo like features, like pause the radio in realtime,
    and record functions.)

    Night_Seer, Oct 20, 2003
  8. Devil505

    Tony Guest

    (1) Where can I find one of these cards for less than $30? (somebody
    metioned this in the message stream)
    (2)Is there a way to use more than one video card at a time? I know
    that it sounds like a dumb question, But I have an old video card that
    has a TV tuner function, but I don't want to use it becasuse it cannot
    handle my graphics intensive programs, such as video games, flight
    sims, graphics developing, etc.
    It would be nice if there was a way to use the old card, and my new
    card, without having to switch them out all the time. (dangerous)

    Tony, Oct 21, 2003
  9. Devil505

    Night_Seer Guest

    You can actually do this, I had an old Voodoo 2000 lying around and
    plugged it in, and it worked, it gave me dual monitor support. But I think
    to have the Tv tuner part of it work you need to have two onitors plugged
    in. So the TV tuner will only work on the second monitor that is plugged
    into the old video card, and your other monitor plugged into your newer
    card, will handle your main applications. BTW I did this with Win XP, in 98
    or other, your milage may vary.
    You can't get those new Radeon AIW 9600pros very cheap. Does your
    Soundcard have a line in...if so, plug a radio into that (if its RCA, plug a
    y adapter into it, otherwise use the headphone out to the line in). Now you
    can use any sound recording software to record your radio, just like you
    would record something from your microphone.

    Night_Seer, Oct 21, 2003
  10. Devil505

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Tony) wrote in @posting.google.com:
    I can't find a dedicated FM card for under $30 anymore, but I can find
    this:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1
    &submit=Go&description=Apollo%2CGOOG%2DPC%2CTV%2C%2CPC%2CVideo%2C%2F%2CTV%
    2C%2F%2CFM%2CCapture%2CCard

    (link may wrap, search newegg for "apollo FM tuner"). This is a
    combination TV tuner, FM radio tuner, video capture card, with wireless
    remote for $38 with free fedex saver shipping. It's a pretty decent
    looking package too. Gets 3/5 stars on NewEgg.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 21, 2003