List of Software & Hardware Known To Have Backdoors

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by casperian, Jan 14, 2011.

  1. casperian

    casperian Guest

    Well theres the possible backdoor in OpenBSD from the FBI.

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20025767-281.html

    I guess not really confirmed or debunked at this time though.

    Hushmail
    PGP

    Still under debate,but highly widespread info.

    Windows = Apart from anything else, the infamous NSA key -
    http://cryptome.org/nsakey-ms-dc.htm

    Routers = Supplied by ISP's, maybe others too -

    TOR - "Supposedly" backdoored by german government according to
    reports from a few years ago, but google shows no results for it now ?
    __________________

    casperian, Jan 14, 2011

  2. casperian

    casperian Guest

    casperian, Jan 14, 2011

  3. Ari Silverstein, Jan 14, 2011
  4. casperian

    casperian Guest

    I bet Skype has a back door now.

    Skype was down the other day. I know that they and others have been
    requested to add a back door. I would be surprised if they have not.
    Skype is U.K., right?

    But I wonder. If a person was using portable skype, not installed, ran
    it only after firing up a VPN, opened it up and ran it sandboxed with
    Sandboxie, then deleted the Sandbox, what could be done with that back
    door? just curious.

    casperian, Jan 14, 2011
  5. I bet your entire family winces when you enter a room.

    Just out of morbid curiosity, how do you even manage to get yourself
    motivated to post? It can't be fun for you any more after making a
    fool of yourself so many times, can it? In fact the last two days
    have been so horrible for you, you just had to dig back to Tuesday to
    find a post you could reply to without embarrassing yourself so much
    even you can't stand it. Pretty sad considering your lack of self
    respect.

    Seriously. Why do you bother? You can't honestly believe anyone sees
    you as anything but a clown any more, can you? Don't you have
    anything you could be doing that would be a bit less of a nightmare
    for you, like burning yourself with lit cigarettes or finger painting
    with your own feces?
    ?????????????
    Nothing, you have solved the riddle.

    <slaps forehaed>

    Ari Silverstein, Jan 14, 2011
  6. casperian

    chronomatic Guest

    I remember reading a while back that at some tech conference an NSA
    representative told the attendees that NSA is offering "billions" to
    any corporation or entity that can give them access to Skype
    communications. This would make sense -- all they have to do is buy
    their way into Skype. Since Skype is owned by E-bay, the NSA can just
    strong arm Ebay into putting in a backdoor (and with an offer of a
    lot of money).

    Here:

    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/12/nsa_offers_billions_for_skype_pwnage/>

    chronomatic, Jan 15, 2011