    Thanx dude, it looks like they R earlier versions though can't complain bout
    it since it's for free.
    Thanx

    Dominic, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Dominic

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    This is not http://www.redhat.com though. RedHat's website doesn't
    advertise their older, free linux products as they now charge $179 per
    license.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Dominic

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    http://www.linux.org

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Dominic

    George Guest

    George, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Dominic

    os moma Guest

    os moma, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Dominic

    D_Judge Guest

    Email "Dominic" <>
    Date 30-Jan-2004
    Newsgroups aus.computers
    Subject Re: Linux

    Did Say Something About...........

    TSN has Redhat all versions
    http://www.tsn.cc/downloads/index.htm

    D_Judge, Jan 30, 2004
  7. Dominic

    Glen ORiley Guest

    When I went to download RH9 I went straight to redhat.com and was
    directed to download mirror sites.

    Glen ORiley, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Dominic

    Glen ORiley Guest

    Yeah I was a bit harsh, was pissed off about something else but even
    though I am no linux expert, I have always been able to find a download
    for free through the website, even www.redhat.com so I still don't
    necessarily see the need to ask then there is so many resources.

    Glen ORiley, Jan 30, 2004
  9. Dominic

    Glen ORiley Guest

    LMFAO....TSNs BBC servers will die.....Michael & Ken, its time to
    upgrade your equipment. I first used TSN when they very first started
    (didn't even need a password) and never had any decent net connections.
    And whilst their customer service is ok, their policies on payments etc
    stink big time. Something along the lines of nearly being, who cares if
    you have been with us for six years, and you payed your $50 connection
    fee back then, you will still have to pay another $50 for upgrade to
    ISDN. TSN also has a major port shortage in their more local areas.
    Ken...I will stick Jared Hirst back onto ya.....lol nah.

    Glen ORiley, Jan 30, 2004
  10. Dominic

    D_Judge Guest

    Email Glen ORiley <>
    Date 30-Jan-2004
    Newsgroups aus.computers
    Subject Re: Linux

    Did Say Something About...........
    I am with TSN and was on 56k and then now I am using ISDN
    Never had a problem Converting from 56k to ISDN was a quick call
    with no extra charges to convert.
    I pay a flat fee unlimited.... cant ask for anything better

    Regards

    D_Judge, Jan 30, 2004
  11. Dominic

    Night_Seer Guest

    I don't understand...do you mean they don't have their version 8 or 7 on
    there? They have version 9, I think that should be enough for everyone.
    And yes it is www.redhat.com, just their FTP site. What exactly is not
    there? If you mean the enterprise edition, i thought that one was
    ALWAYS pay to play.

    Night_Seer, Jan 30, 2004
  12. Dominic

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    www.redhat.com
    ftp.redhat.com

    Do you see a difference?
    Name: www.redhat.com
    Address: 66.187.232.50

    Name: ftp.redhat.com
    Addresses: 66.187.232.30

    They are different machines. And browsing www.redhat.com does not offer me
    any obvious way to get to ftp.redhat.com to download their older free
    versions. There are no longer /any/ new free versions of RedHat. After
    RedHat 9, you /must/ pay to play no matter what version you want.

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 30, 2004
  13. Dominic

    Gordon Guest

    Okay that is the reason, not the excuse. ;-)

    Gordon, Jan 31, 2004
  14. Dominic

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Dominic

    Dominic Guest

    Dominic, Jan 31, 2004
  16. Dominic

    Dominic Guest

    Yep, I C it. I must have been blind not to see it.
    Thanx

    Dominic, Jan 31, 2004
  17. Dominic

    Glen O'Riley Guest

    Sounds like they finally changed their policy on changing. I was with
    the silver??? ($22 per month) account and they told me I had to repay
    the $50 connection to change and that was only 6months ago. I know a lot
    of local people got really pissed off with them due to constant engaged
    signals at local ports for months at a time. I know many of my friends
    have left, even to go with Kooee, who whilst having their probs are
    better than TSN in every way but customer service. Most of my family was
    at one stage with TSN and now all have left and gone seperate ways,
    Kooee, Bigpond etc. TSN just tried to grow too quick and forgot about us
    locals.

    Glen O'Riley, Jan 31, 2004
  18. There is most definitely a free download link on redhat.com! Did you
    try clicking on the download link at the top of the homepage? :) It
    will take you to this url http://www.redhat.com/apps/download/ then you
    can choose to purchase RH Enterprise Linux or download RH9 or Fedora.
    If you want a distribution that will continue to produce new versions go
    with Fedora, RedHat Linux 9 was the end that product line.

    If downloading on dialup you should get a download manager that supports
    resuming, I used Fresh Download at freshdevices.com (free). This is how
    I started before I got DSL.

    Power to the Penguin,

    LinuxManMikeC

    LinuxManMikeC, Feb 1, 2004
  19. Dominic

    JM Guest

    Could have saved you those 3 days Bro if you had asked :) Also have
    Mandrake 9.1 if interested.

    JM, Feb 2, 2004
  20. Dominic

    Night_Seer Guest

    Oh geez, your talking about minor differences here. If you go to
    www.redhat.com there is a downloads link there that takes you directly
    to ftp.redhat.com. And when I say directly I mean through a couple of
    pages, but I would definately call it directly. Different machines
    maybe, same company though, yes.

    Night_Seer, Feb 2, 2004