    giving non-MS OSes about 10% of the top 500 comsputers.

    http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah
    top_hosts.php?sort_by=expavg_credit&offset=0

    steve, Jun 26, 2004

  2. steve

    Steven H Guest

    point being

    Steven H, Jun 26, 2004

  3. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Point being that geeks like SETI and are early adopters. :)

    ~misfit~, Jun 26, 2004
  4. steve

    whoisthis Guest

    Linux systems have more time to waste because they are not doing
    anything productive ? :)

    whoisthis, Jun 26, 2004
  5. steve

    steve Guest

    It may not interest you.....but it interested me...and I shared it.

    There will be others who are interested - though you may not be among them.

    steve, Jun 26, 2004
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    I would have though that to be two-edged argument - easily employed against
    the 90% of systems that are running Windows.......

    Careful now....you might cut yourself. Too late!!! :)

    steve, Jun 26, 2004
  7. steve

    Warren Guest

    Aside from points such as Linux vs. windows, are you guys receiving work
    units through boink? Mine just attaches to the server and the server either
    says 'no work available' or rpc communication too recent' and goes to sleep
    for a random time.

    Warren

    Warren, Jun 27, 2004
  8. steve

    steve Guest

    I have been getting no new work.....but I had enough WUs for 8 days.

    Based on past experience with S@H. I assumed the "official" start of BOINC
    would be unreliable......so got in early (first system is 16,000-ish) and
    loaded up.

    steve, Jun 27, 2004
  9. mine too.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 28, 2004
  10. steve

    Steven H Guest

    lol no worries dude, i just like the odd bit of flaimbait

    Steven H, Jun 29, 2004
  11. steve

    Steven H Guest

    lol who knows...

    as some other guy said, geeks (usually linux ones) tend to be early
    adopters to this thing..

    personally iam waiting for some more worthy causes to write plugins to
    bionic - not that finding little green men in a haze of random radio noise
    isnt a worthy cause.

    blimy, wouldnt want to offend anybody ;)

    Steven H, Jun 29, 2004
  12. steve

    theseus Guest

    Least of all the other 90%, the Windows wielding extraterrestrial
    hunters ;-)

    theseus, Jun 29, 2004
  13. steve

    Steven H Guest