    be great....

    Best regards,
    Tom

    cakecam, Jan 13, 2009

  2. Google:

    Linux + Unix + Microsoft + servers + market share

    And you'll get:

    Results 1 - 10 of about 339,000

    Windoze still leads in market share, but Apache is the most widely used
    HTTP-server in the world today.

    Perhaps 'free' isn't included in the concept of 'market share'.....!

    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot
    of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

    -- Wizard Of Oz

    Gaston Ryan Coake, Jan 13, 2009

  3. Can't give exact figures, but Ballmer stated:

    "Forty percent of servers run Windows, 60 percent run Linux," he said. "How
    are we doing? Forty is less than 60, so I don't like it. ... We have some
    work to do."

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent..._still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html

    Major organisations like IBM, Amazon & Google run Linux.

    William Poaster, Jan 13, 2009
  4. Specifically Apache Linux.

    Not bad considering the name 'Apache' came from 'a patchy server', meaning
    it was cobbled together from bitzen pieces of already-written Linux code.

    Long Live Tux !!

    Gaston Ryan Coake, Jan 13, 2009
    Google & yahoo runs Freebsd.

    General Patron, Jan 14, 2009
  6. Which is 'UNIX-like' and has only minor differences from generic Linux.

    And that part of the reason one often sees the term *nix.

    Even Microsloth got close with the ill-fated Xenix.

    Here's an interesting list:

    http://www.ugu.com/sui/ugu/show?I=ugu.flavors

    Gaston Ryan Coake, Jan 14, 2009
  7. Their website while impressive for showing Darwin fails to mention the
    superior-to-all BeOS.

    I'm nonplussed by this lack of 1337n355.
    <nods>

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 14, 2009
  8. cakecam

    John Duh Guest