    do numbered in steps (1), 2)).

    -Travis

    PS: PartitionMagic 8 Full, not trial

    Travis, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    Further proof that linux makes you stupid.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Linux makes you stupid? Your the one that's stupid, I didn't ask for you to
    tell me linux is stupid I asked for instructions on how to get give it a
    name or something.

    Travis, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    Full, not trial
    yEAh rIght. The answer is in front of you.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Travis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Without even looking, I know you're talking with K-Mammy-Nasty aka K-Man
    that has many names she'll post by. But it's the same old babbel out of
    her. You should <plonk> that HO.

    You may need to try a Linux NG if you don't get your answer.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 23, 2005
  6. Travis

    Fakename Guest

    I think you need to explain the error in more detail. If that means you
    have to generate the error again then that's what you have to do.

    If you don't understand the *nix file structure and the basics of how
    it's implimented check out something like:
    http://www.freeos.com/articles/3102/. I bet that will clear up a lot of
    your confusion.

    Fakename, Nov 23, 2005
  7. Travis

    Fakename Guest

    You know what, I looked over some of my previous posts because this
    seemed familiar and I found that I already explained the root filesystem
    to you on 11/3/2005.

    You know what, if you can't be bothered to read the info you're never
    ever going to know what the hell is going on in Linux. Using Linux
    requires a lot of reading and self-study, way more than Windows. If
    you're not willing to do that then just stop, throw away your Linux CD,
    and go do something else.

    Fakename, Nov 23, 2005
  8. Travis

    Reginald P Guest

    Come on then dipshite if its that easy post a how to .
    Hello ?
    heloo ?
    I thought not.

    Reginald P, Nov 23, 2005
  9. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Your susposed to help people in this group, not call Linux stupid becuase
    your a Windows/Mac lover.

    Stay out of these messages then

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  10. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Newsgroups used to be so kind, but know there fill with nothing but sewer
    rats.

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  11. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    How would you know? You are probably not much more that 14 -15 years
    old.

    RTFM__

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  12. Travis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The HO uses Linux too she is just messing with you.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 24, 2005
  13. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I know what newsgroups used to be in 1990, (15 years ago)They would actaully
    answer your question directly and stop bugging people who are new to the
    Linux OS

    (PS: I think you have no idea what your doing, with anything)

    (PPS: I'm sorry, I broke the jar that had your brain in it ;)

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  14. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    Twue, twue.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  15. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  16. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Then educate me, I don't really think anything you said at ALL in this
    entire tree of posts helped me, maybe I'll just add you in the ignore list
    in my spam blocker.

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  17. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    <sigh>

    Please restate your problem; I really did not understand the original
    post. I do understand that you resized partitions, but that is about
    all. What/exactly/does/not/work?

    I will help you if you can be a bit more lucid.

    As far as the plonking goes, I will not even know, nor will I care.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 25, 2005
  18. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    /dev/hda/ or maybe /dev/hda2
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 25, 2005
  19. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I took someone's advice (no sure who) to switch to a better distrobution, I
    realize that Linux RedHat 7.1 is old and I decided to go with Ubuntu Linux
    5.10

    http://www.ubuntulinux.com/

    It is the latest release and I ordered a free CD with free shipping. I don't
    think I'll have any problem in stalling this new version of Ubuntu

    -Thank you all for your help

    Travis, Nov 25, 2005
  20. Travis

    Robert Baer Guest