    Where can I find the settings of the VNC server (desktop sharring) in
    Mandriva 2006?

    THANKS

    John Jay Smith, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Umm. It doesn't work that way: It's an X server and matching X client, and
    doesn't really have connection throttling. X wasn't really written for
    *efficiency*: Some VNC packagers have spent quite a bit of work optimizing,
    but there's only so far you can go with such a complete but inefficient
    underlying layer.

    Nico Kadel-Garcia, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Ok.. so what do you propose so I can get a better VNC quality?

    John Jay Smith, Feb 24, 2006
  4. I'm not familiar with UltraVNC, but have had reasonable success with
    TightVNC. You might test it.

    Nico Kadel-Garcia, Feb 24, 2006
  5. John Jay Smith

    peter pilsl Guest

    - reduce colordepth
    - reduce screensize
    - buy more ram and cpu

    best,
    peter

    peter pilsl, Feb 24, 2006
  6. John Jay Smith

    Rich Guest

    The TightVNC client unfortunately won't make the picture any "clearer".
    The same encoding options exist in both clients (more or less).

    It should be noted that UltraVNC's "Ultra" setting at >2Mbit/s is in the
    experimental stages as it says in the client itself, so you can't expect
    miracles from it. The best you can do is set the options to retrieve a
    raw signal, disable all compression and that's the best you'll get as
    far as picture quality is concerned.

    Rich, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Hey.... If you say all that just to use VNC then MS RDP technology is
    far better, since it can work full color, full screen, fast, AND has sound!

    What to linux people have to say about THAT!???

    Their version of Remote desktop (VNC) is pathetic compared to RDP.

    John Jay Smith, Feb 24, 2006
  8. The same thing they say every time you start another crossposted
    trollthread. Then you'll say you're not a troll, and people will
    argue with you about that. A few hundred posts later, you will abandon
    this thread and crosspost a brand new trollthread.

    I've crossposted this reply and set f-u to poster. I'd like to
    encourage folks either to ignore kenny/"John Jay Smith" or at least to
    cut all the crossposted groups when feeding him. EOT for me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=, Feb 24, 2006
  9. Whoever has an opinion about technology that is not like your own, is a
    troll?

    You are stupid, you have proved that in the past and you keep going!

    So what if I crosspost? I want information from many people... it would be
    worse to post the same question in those different newsgroups.

    Can YOU please just ignore me? I dont want to see you posting on my threads.
    You never have anything good to say, nor provide information.. all you do
    is...
    TROLL!

    John Jay Smith, Feb 24, 2006
  10. X was written to be very complete and flexible and robust, not fast. We're
    paying the price for that: in turn, we haven't suffered some of the
    fundamental security issues of the Windows graphics. But X is not efficient.

    To quote you in another conversation: "Listen... I am a really polite
    person, I am rude on purpose here so that I
    can grab your attention to a mistake you are making. I want to assure you
    that
    you have my respect."

    I think you're telling a *little* fib there, and you're actually trolling.

    Nico Kadel-Garcia, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Trolling is what a person does to grab attention with no other reason.
    A troll does not care about others, nor sharing information, not
    contributing.

    I have to assure you that I am not at all like that. I mostly HELP people
    not only on the internet, but in the real world too. From time to time I ask
    questions,
    but even if I do not get a reply and find the solution myself, I go back and
    post that info so Google group searchers can find it in the future.

    Since I probably help more people than you, you cannot call me a troll.

    Don't post that small part of the thread, read and post it all.. you will
    see that
    its a discussion about technology, and that I am right about insisting.

    If you don't like my attitude.. well TOUGH SHIT!

    John Jay Smith, Feb 25, 2006
  12. You've defined the trolls out of existence.

    I've glanced at your newsgroup postings on Google. In the lat month, one out
    of three or so is raw flamebait, if not pure trolling. When the percentage
    is that high, it's clear that generating rancor is much more important to
    you than any thing else you're involved in.

    In other words, you troll more than anything else. You might want to scale
    that back about 3 notches unless you want to turn into Peter Breuer.

    Nico Kadel-Garcia, Feb 25, 2006
  13. Get your hands on nomachine, it outperforms anything else in the
    area (citrix/etc) in orders of magnitudes.

    [..]

    Good luck

    Michael Heiming, Feb 25, 2006
  14. John Jay Smith

    googol plex Guest

    I provided support under another alias in the past and now I am not doing
    that
    since I have little time for now I am posting only some questions mostly.

    Perhaps I should look into what YOU post (if you was not so boring).
    Most likley I would find troll posts, whinning, compaints and netcoping.

    I have no need to be liked, I post my opinions as they are: RAW.
    If you dont like what I say and how I say it, then please avoid my posts,
    and leave me alone.

    That is the power of the internet and the freedom of speech, NOT trolling.

    googol plex, Feb 25, 2006
  15. John Jay Smith

    googol plex Guest

    Thanks I will look into it

    googol plex, Feb 25, 2006
  16. John Jay Smith

    Al Klein Guest

    Now there's one good definition of "troll".

    Al Klein, Feb 25, 2006
  17. John Jay Smith

    CBFalconer Guest

    Then why are you changing your name and forcing your unwanted
    attentions on us? Very ugly trolling action.

    CBFalconer, Feb 25, 2006
  18. Because the people who have been in his newsgroups a while have killfiled
    him.

    Nico Kadel-Garcia, Feb 26, 2006