Linux Just Sucks.. No Wonder So Few Are Using It.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bones4jones, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. bones4jones

    bones4jones Guest

    After a not so great experience 'upgrading' to Vista, I decided to
    give Linux Ubuntu a chance.
    I had read all kinds of great, positive information about this version
    of Linux so I was looking forward to a change of pace.
    Seeing as I have never used Linux before, Ubuntu seemed to get the
    most hits on Google so I went for it.

    All I can say is thank God I didn't pay anything for this piece of
    crap.
    Really makes me wonder why Linux is free. I suppose that's the only
    way they can unload it on unsuspecting people like me.
    Holy shit!
    Virtually nothing works.
    I can't play my mp3 files.
    My porn doesn't play.
    My prionter does not print.
    My wireless network keeps dropping the connection.
    My 8 button mouse is now a 2 buton mouse.
    My widescreen LCD display is now displaying a frequency error box in
    the middle of the desktop.
    My ATI TV card won't work.
    I select help in various progams and I am met by a dialog box saying
    "Help has Not been Written Yet, if I would like to Contribute please
    contact etc"

    So now I have to write my own programs?

    I could go on but why bother?

    Anyone who wonders why Linux is stillborn should give Ubuntu a try and
    find out for themselves.
    Linux sucks.

    bones4jones, Oct 6, 2007

  2. bones4jones

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Oct 6, 2007

  3. bones4jones

    Robin T Cox Guest

    Tell us about your experiences with Vista, now that you have upgraded.

    On second thoughts, don't bother.

    Robin T Cox, Oct 6, 2007
  4. bones4jones

    Gordon Guest

    Says it all.....
    More crap
    More crap

    Try plugging it in. Crap.

    Moron.

    Gordon, Oct 6, 2007
  5. bones4jones

    bones4jones Guest

    Notice the 'bury the head in the sand, it can't be true' reaction of
    the Linux zealots.
    As for Vista, it sucked.
    Didn't support my hardware and ran like shit.

    As for Linux, Ubuntu, it ran worse than shit.
    Vista stinks but Linux is free and stinks even worse.

    How the hell can you nuts justify something that is free yet virtually
    nobody is using it?
    It's like VD.
    It's free, many people get it, few pay for it, most wish they never
    got it.
    That's Linux.

    bones4jones, Oct 6, 2007
  6. bones4jones

    bones4jones Guest

    Notice the total inability to discuss the topic and the need to keep
    the thread stifled in COLA instead of trying to debate it elsewhere
    where people with no axe to grind might comment on their negative
    Linux experiences.

    Typical COLA zealot.
    A frightened fool.

    bones4jones, Oct 6, 2007
  7. bones4jones

    Gordon Guest

    Umm I have NO "negative" Linux experiences.....it just errr works......

    Gordon, Oct 6, 2007
  8. bones4jones

    Robin T Cox Guest

    So what are you using now?

    Robin T Cox, Oct 6, 2007
  9. bones4jones

    John King Guest

    If it works so great, why are so few people using it?

    John King, Oct 6, 2007
  10. bones4jones

    Gordon Guest

    Because, up until a year or so ago, due to Microsoft's predatory marketing
    practices, the consumer had NO CHOICE - they were unable to buy a machine
    from any of the large vendors with Linux pre-installed. And as we all know -
    people use what they are given.

    Gordon, Oct 6, 2007
  11. bones4jones

    Mike Easter Guest

    Posted to 24hshd only.

    wrote:
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    24hoursupport.helpdesk, microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

    Oh lookee. A crossposting googlegrouper troll instigating.

    Mike Easter, Oct 6, 2007
  12. bones4jones

    TJ Guest

    Who's spittle I would have never seen had you not reposted at least part of
    it.

    TJ, Oct 6, 2007
  13. bones4jones

    Stephan Rose Guest

    I have a whole collection for my MP3 player that works just fine.
    Watched some this afternoon...HD Quality too.
    Printed on my HP Color laser printer tonight.
    Works perfectly on my laptop.
    Let's see...5 button mouse and 5 buttons work.
    Seeing how I'm reading this, my LCD must work huh? Oh btw, so does my
    plasma TV hooked up to the second DVI.
    Now that one I can't comment on.
    Seeing how you're just whining and not asking for help, you're beyond
    help anyway.
    Yea, why bother...just pack up your computer in the box it came in and
    send it back. It'll be best for you.
    Been using it all year long. Using it right now. Quite successfully I
    might add.
    Naw, your main problem simply exists between keyboard and chair. Now
    maybe, if instead of whining and moaning about your problems, you'd ask
    for help and questions...you might receive that.

    But you apparently are only interested in trolling I suppose...

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
    å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

    Stephan Rose, Oct 6, 2007
  14. bones4jones

    Mike Easter Guest

    Errm. I cited two words for 'context' and the newsgroups + commas,
    which crossposting I presume you are filtering on, besides whatever you
    might do with GG in general.

    Or is your strategy to filter everything that references the GGer
    regardless of the crossposting?

    Mike Easter, Oct 6, 2007
  15. bones4jones

    TJ Guest

    Which is precisely why I said "part" of it. I kinda figured there was
    more, but had no way of knowing since I can't see 'original'
    groper-posts any longer unless somebody comes along (that would be you)
    and quotes and attributes them for whatever reason. Which is, of
    course, your choice.
    There's no need to filter crossposting GGer's with Xnews. You just
    write the score-file as it pertains to the message ID, make it 'global'
    and you never see a post from a google-groper ever again.
    I have Xnews set to filter on the message ID. So I suppose it MAY stand
    to reason that if you include a groper's message ID in your attribution,
    I would not see it. However, I do NOT have XNews set to filter on the
    "reference header". Nor am I sure it's even possible. But I'll bet the
    Shark would know. :)

    TJ, Oct 6, 2007
  16. bones4jones

    Mike Easter Guest

    But Gordon posted 9 lines of it in or
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/86f012ae13e5f4e6
    or http://snipr.com/1rusq

    .... so you (or your newsserver) must've filtered his post somehow, if
    you had never seen those parts of it he cited.
    Ah, so. I see. Many newsreaders are configured to create attributions
    with a lot of 'stuff' in there, like the mid, which I have configured to
    exclude. I only attribute with the handle, no from addy (unless there's
    no /other/ handle), no date/time, no mid, no cutesy wordjunk - just very
    very short. So my attribution didn't cite the GG mid in the
    attribution, so you saw my message with the 2 word cite. I get it.

    Mike Easter, Oct 6, 2007
  17. ____/ Gary Stewart on Saturday 06 October 2007 21:58 : \____
    Another impotent Gary Stewart (flatfish) nym.

    *plonk*

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 6, 2007
  18. bones4jones

    Frank Guest

    We've heard that lame excuse for the last decade or so.
    Linux is POS toy os practically no one wants.
    Frank

    Frank, Oct 6, 2007
  19. ____/ Gary Stewart on Saturday 06 October 2007 21:58 : \____
    Another impotent Gary Stewart (flatfish) nym.

    plonk

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oÊʇ sÉ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ÇɹÇɥʇ 'ɹÇpuÇq 'ʎɹɹoÊ Ê‡,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oÊʇ É ÊÉs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puÉ ...ÇɹÇÉ¥ÊʎɹÇÊŒÇ soɹÇz puÉ sÇuo .ɯÉÇɹp 1nÉŸÊÉ uÉ
    ʇÉÉ¥Ê 'É¥É¥É¥É :ɹÇpuÇq

    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 6, 2007
  20. bones4jones

    TJ Guest

    If 'Gordon' POSTED from Google, I NEVER saw it. Simple as that,

    Yes. Apparently you do. Now. :)

    PS? I know I've posted this before, and It's probably on the Shark's
    website ,,, but the three lines below entered into the X-news score file is
    all ya need to make the google-gropers disappear;

    [.]
    Score: -9999

    Poof! Gone.

    TJ, Oct 7, 2007