    loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems to
    function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone experienced
    this problem?

    Guest, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    That's just the color of the light on that particular router. My Linksys
    Wireless-G access point has an amber light for LAN, too.

    Malke

    Malke, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I don't believe that is correct.
    The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the previous
    same model router had a green light during operation..

    Guest, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Well, my light is amber and my network has been working perfectly for
    over a year and the colors match up to what is specified in the manual
    for my device. If your device is different and your manual says the
    light should be green, contact Linksys tech support for advice as to
    what is wrong and for a possible replacement.

    Malke

    Malke, Jan 12, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I had this problem and it actually went to red. Discussion with techs
    revealed that plugging in the router first and then the modem or vice versa
    is the problem. Simply unplug both from the wall, then plug the router in
    first followed by the modem. If that fails, unplug both from the wall, plug
    in the modem first followed by the router. One of these two worked for my
    system.

    Guest, Jan 12, 2005