    you use google next time.

    Networking has been around for decades. USB has been around for about 7 or
    so years and it's still crap.

    Paul, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Del

    recursor Guest

    Yeah but don't forget USB 1.1 was *hispeed*...../collapses on floor in hysterics and rolls around
    for ten minutes

    recursor, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Del

    Euan Kerr Guest

    Please would you clarify which specific Linksys router model you are
    referring to?

    Euan Kerr, Dec 17, 2004

  4. *********** hiya ... the linksys model I am refering to is the
    WAP54g....
    have a look here..
    http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=6&ipid=611

    Pretty easy to set up and (well IMHO) stable... i fact I also run a
    mp3 server using their WMA11B
    http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=6&ipid=314
    with no problems whatsoever.. (great for parties... no CD's lying
    about the floor the next day)....

    CP

    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather,
    not kicking and screaming like those in the back
    of his car....

    Captain Paraletic, Dec 17, 2004
  5. Del

    Lurch Guest

    I'm not surprised it's easy to set up, it's not a router it's an
    access point. Didn't the fact that it's called an access point and not
    a router give it away?
    If I were you I'd give up now, or buy a router. An access point will
    only enable wireless devices to connect to a wired network, it won't
    connect to the internet without a modem or router.

    Lurch, Dec 17, 2004
  6. Del

    Euan Kerr Guest

    ....and it certainly won't connect to the USB port of a modem.

    Euan Kerr, Dec 17, 2004
  7. Del

    Euan Kerr Guest

    Despite it being total bollox. <Sigh>

    Euan Kerr, Dec 17, 2004
  8. .................oops sorry for misleading... the modem is USB but also
    has rj45 connection (which DOES connect to the linksys)... hence the
    reason i can send this..*smile*

    Captain Paraletic, Dec 18, 2004
  9. Del

    Lurch Guest

    That makes more sense. Bear in mind you still haven't got a router
    though, the WAP54G is just an access point. It has no security
    features other than the usual wireless ones, it does nothing on
    locking the WAN down.

    Lurch, Dec 18, 2004