  1. Del

    Del Guest

    Is this totally incompatible with USB connected broadband?

    Del, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Del

    Paul Guest

    Well first it would help if you actually posted WHAT Linksys router you're
    actually on about.

    Secondly, yes it probably is incompatible. USB has no place in "Proper"
    networking so you'll be hard pushed to find a router with USB ports on it as
    USB requires drivers to work.

    Ditch USB, get an ethernet cable and connect your cable modem to the router
    that way. Surely NTL's modem's aren't restricted to USB only?

    Paul, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Hmmmmm..

    Well I have a Linksys wirless broadband router 54 g attached to an old
    (never have got round to getting a new one) Terayon USB broadband
    modem.
    Modem connected into (obviously) the cable for broadband, then
    connected into the Linksys router... no problems whatsoever...
    have various connections to the router...
    Printer HP 5 (via cat 5)
    couple of laptops (wireless)
    small server with 2 x 250 gig hard drives.
    Large server with raid drives..
    All connect to the "net" with no speed loss.... only had to reset it
    twice in the year and a half I have used it.....

    hope this helps...

    CP

    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather,
    not kicking and screaming like those in the back
    of his car....

    Captain Paraletic, Dec 16, 2004
  4. Del

    Del Guest

    Thanks, and more reassuring than the network snobbery of others,
    Del.

    Del, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Del

    Lurch Guest

    What's the point in asking a question if you're going to ignore the
    answers you don't like?
    Go and annoy another group troll.

    Lurch, Dec 16, 2004
  6. Del

    recursor Guest

    Seconded, besides the setup captainparaletic?:) descibes isn't something you would buy starting from
    scratch or even with just the router, although it was interesting to hear that it works.

    recursor, Dec 16, 2004
  7. Del

    Del Guest

    You're the troll kid, I didn't ignore the answer, just didn't like the tone
    of it.I suppose you didn't like the tone of mine and that's why you never
    answered the question but decided to post a petulant reply?
    YOU started the childish stuff..........not me.
    Go and annoy some other grown ups.

    Del, Dec 16, 2004
  8. Del

    Del Guest

    If you had something to add, perhaps you should have helped with the
    original post. rather than jumping on the bandwagon with other trollers.
    There are other places to carry out that kind of childish behaviour.
    I can only apologise for even asking for advice.....then again, why should
    I?

    Del, Dec 16, 2004
  9. Del

    Lurch Guest

    You ignored the first reply, which is pretty much what I would have
    said so I didn't see any need to repeat it.
    You gave no information with your question so the answer could be
    anything.
    I hope you suffer a reasonably fatal accident in the near future you
    fuckwitted moron.

    Lurch, Dec 16, 2004
  10. Del

    Del Guest

    Who's the troll now?
    Grow up son.
    It was a simple question, and eventually got a simple answer from someone
    who didn't come across as a network snob. I made no reference to any reply
    given to me here!
    PS . Get a life!

    Del, Dec 16, 2004
  11. Del

    recursor Guest

    Now now Del, go back to the Sooty n Sweep chatroom and mummy will be along with your cocoa soon.

    recursor, Dec 16, 2004
  12. Del

    Del Guest

    "recursor" <> jumped on the bandwagon
    again when he/she wrote in message >
    Now now Del, go back to the Sooty n Sweep chatroom and mummy will be along
    with your cocoa soon.
    I repeat..I did not start this childish behaviour you choose to continue
    with!
    Please only reply if you have something original, or worthwhile to add.
    Otherwise be careful in case your big brother finds out you've been using
    his PC!

    Del, Dec 16, 2004
  13. Del

    recursor Guest

    I used my mental powers to make you post one of your silly replies again did I ?

    recursor, Dec 16, 2004
  14. Del

    Lurch Guest

    That was you was it? Thought it was me.
    To be fair, if we didn't have people as stupid as Del about it would
    all be a bit boring. Keep 'em coming Del, you're making me laugh.

    Lurch, Dec 16, 2004
  15. Del

    recursor Guest

    Nah it must have been me, I use an old usb wireless router to amplify my brainwaves :)

    recursor, Dec 16, 2004
  16. Del

    Lurch Guest

    Ooh, definitely you then!

    Lurch, Dec 16, 2004
  17. Del

    Carl Young Guest

    Did you really just say 'you started it'...? : )

    Carl Young, Dec 16, 2004
  18. Del

    Del Guest

    No.I said "You started the childish stuff".
    RTFP please.

    Del, Dec 16, 2004
  19. Del

    Paul Guest

    You calling me a network snob? Look pal, you're the one without a clue. You
    ask use the questions. ACCEPT the answers, if you don't like them go
    somewhere else. There was NO snobbery about my reply. I gave you a valid
    opinion of my own that USB has no place in networking. This is MY opinion. I
    AM allowed to offer my opinion. If you disagree, then you should do so in a
    more constructive manner.

    I wouldn't believe my initial response was flammatory in any way. I suggest
    you use google next time.

    Networking has been around for decades. USB has been around for about 7 or
    so years and it's still crap.

    hey you asked a question will f all decent information. use google next
    time

    Paul, Dec 16, 2004
  20. Del

    Paul Guest

    Maybe you should take some of your own advice RTFM !!!!!

    Paul, Dec 16, 2004