    time it fails, that's one problem. My major issue is that the PCMCIA
    wireless card in the notebook would lose it's connection many times a day,
    it maybe an issue with SP-2 but not sure.

    Clayton, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Clayton

    Malke Guest

    If the lights on the wired router are going off, then you either have a
    problem with your ISP or the router is failing (hardware). Just because
    the hardware is new doesn't mean it can't fail. If the router is
    failing (I assume you have a combination wired/wireless router since
    you didn't specify), that would explain the loss of connectivity.

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 6, 2004

  3. "My major issue is that the PCMCIA wireless card in the notebook would lose
    it's connection many times a day, it maybe an issue with SP-2 but not sure."

    For what it's worth - I had the issue where my PCMIA cards were dropping
    the connection and would not re-establish unless I rebooted. I turned out to
    be an issue with strong encryption - with encryption removed, they work
    fine. It took about two weeks of calls to and from tech support at Belkin to
    sort this out.
    Odd.

    Mick

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    news.ntlworld.com, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    There is no encryption set, I would like to know if the problem is with the
    router or PCMCIA card

    Clayton, Dec 6, 2004
  5. The problem is most likely with the router. As a simple test, why don't you
    try connecting to other wireless networks that you have access to, like
    maybe a friend's, using the PCMCIA card.

    Peter Bui[MS], Dec 8, 2004
  6. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    I have connected to the router using my Toshiba Tecra 8200 notebook with the
    internal wireless built in and that has been very stable, I think this
    notebook runs a or b and not the g

    Clayton, Dec 10, 2004