    the adapter to try to do a brand new install it's like xp knows what this
    device is and sets it up the same way as before and it fails to work. I'm
    going bonkers with this. Help???????

    Guest, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Guest

    Clark Guest

    If you are referring to drivers, you can update those after the errant
    install in device manager.

    Do you know about the 2 configuration utilities that might be in play. The
    one that came with the adapter, and the other that works in Windows (WZC).
    Which utility are you using?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks people, but I figured it out and all is well. Apparently XP remembers
    where you install a usb device, and my friend once he got the machine home
    didn't realize this and started to try to make the device work in any and
    every available usb port on his machine. Thus causing the machine to fail to
    recognize the original installation. So I had to plug into every usb port and
    uninstall the device and it's drivers from every single location and start
    from scratch and it worked on the first try.

    Guest, Jul 18, 2005