    TR Guest

    does anyone know if this unit will work on the sipgate service ?

    cheers

    TR, May 9, 2006

  2. TR

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Can't think of a reason why it shouldn't, unless it's locked to another
    provider..? It's based on the Sipura though so it should be possible. Can
    you get into the configuration screens..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 9, 2006

  3. TR

    BKM Guest

    Yes, it should. The unit has standard web based registration services uisng
    the SIP protocol.
    It registers fine with my Asterisk box. If you want more info the go to the
    excellent http://voxilla.com/ which has loads of info including config
    examples.
    Brian

    BKM, May 9, 2006
  4. TR

    BKM Guest

    Yup, it should. I have one and whilst I have not used Sipgate there is no
    reason why it should'nt work. Check out http://voxilla.com/ for more info.

    Brian

    BKM, May 9, 2006
  5. TR

    TR Guest

    I'm just thinking of getting one at the moment, but want to make sure it
    will be ok.
    i've looked at an [email protected] solution, but haven't got any spare hardware to
    run it on

    thanks

    TR, May 9, 2006
  6. TR

    Tim Guest

    If you want to see what the web interface of an SPA-3000 looks like then
    see:

    http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_demo/spa-3000/

    Although, that isn't the latest firmware.

    Tim

    Tim, May 9, 2006
  7. <snip>

    It *is* a Sipura SPA-3000 in a different box.
    It identifies itself as such and the BIOS update tool identifies it as such.
    Someone on here said in the past that they'd opened one up and it had
    the same PCB as a recent SPA-3000, So it's pretty conclusive.

    Thomas Kenyon, May 9, 2006
  8. TR

    Nick B. Guest

    I'm using the Linksys SPA3000 for an inbound sipgate line. I've set my
    main sipgate account to line 1 and it also handles calls to/from the
    PSTN quite happily (FXO port) - if not answered or the phone is in use
    it will divert them to voicemail on a second sipgate account. I have
    four "gateways" configured and rather than having a fancy dial plan I've
    simply configured it to select an outbound line by dialling #0 -> #3
    which gives me a second dialtone. #0 is my PSTN line, #1 voip.co.uk, #2
    sipdiscount, etc. Just dialling the number without selecting an
    alternative line routes calls out via the main sipgate account.

    Dial plan:
    (<#0,:>x.<:mad:gw0>|<#1,:>x.<:mad:gw1>|<#2,:>x.<:mad:gw2>|<#3,:>x.<:mad:gw3>|[0-9]x.)

    The manual is a bit heavy going in places if you are new to the
    technology, but with help from this newsgroup and a couple of web forums
    (voipuser.org and voxilla) I eventually got it configured to do exactly
    what I wanted. Another useful resource is the list of UK setings on the
    Provu website.

    Nick B., May 9, 2006
  9. TR

    Tim Guest