    rerun the install disk and that confirms that the default IP address is
    still current.

    Help Please, Bob.

    Bob Jenneson, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Bob Jenneson

    Lem Guest

    Try Linksys Live Chat tech support http://tinyurl.com/3zxwx (they may
    start off by telling you to reset to factory defaults by holding the
    reset button down for >10 seconds, so you might try that first; this
    will erase any WEP key entries, SSID changes, etc., that you might have
    made).

    Lem, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Bob Jenneson

    Geoff Guest

    I ended up returning mine to CompUSA because the PCs that connected via
    the RE were connecting at speeds of only 5-20mbps instead of 54mbps,
    which the live chat guy said was normal, and the signal strength was
    only marginally better. My physical layout may have been a factor in the
    similar pre- and post-install signal strength, but be advised that the
    output signal from the RE is at no better than 22mbps per their tech
    support.

    Geoff, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Bob Jenneson

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Check the IP of the computer it might be on a different Subnet.

    If Extender is 192.168.1.240 computer should be 192.168.1.x

    Try to manually set the IP to be on the same subnet as the extender.

    Example, 192.168.1.100

    Do Not Know how the check IP look here, http://www.ezlan.net/ip_mac.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Bob Jenneson

    Bob Jenneson Guest

    Thanks a lot Jack! You are a wizzzzzzz!
    You hit the nail on the head, I don't quite know what it means as yet but it
    was on a differant subnet.
    My LAN is on 192.168.0.2 etc and the Linksys device was on 192.168.1.240.
    Once changed to 192.168.0.240, it was all ok from then on.
    Thanks again, Bob.
    Now if I can only get some encryption working.

    Bob Jenneson, Jan 21, 2006