    I cannot access the adapter through the http panel and there is no dial tone
    through the phone line.
    Any ideas please?

    Chris Lewis, Apr 7, 2008

  2. Chris Lewis

    Chris Lewis Guest

    I have tried re-powering but it's the same, lights still flashing. No
    response with the ****, line is dead!

    Chris Lewis, Apr 7, 2008

  3. Chris Lewis

    Roger Mills Guest

    The PAP2 should have come with a user guide on CD. Did it? If not, you may
    be able to download one from the Linksys website.

    FWIW, my manual says:
    "The Power LED remains solid green when the Phone Adapter is powered on and
    ready. It
    flashes when the Phone Adapter is booting up, undergoing a self-test, or
    performing a
    firmware upgrade. If the LED lights up red, the Phone Adapter has failed its
    self-test or is
    malfunctioning. Refer to “Appendix A: Troubleshooting” for more
    information."
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Apr 8, 2008
  4. Chris Lewis

    Nick Guest

    My guess is that you've bought a PAP2 that was originally locked to
    a VoIP provider. Someone has "unlocked it" and then sold it on.
    However, for whatever reason, the PAP2 has been reset and at that
    point gone to the original providers website to download the latest
    firmware. It is more than probable you now have a PAP2 /BRICK.

    Nick, Apr 8, 2008
  5. Chris Lewis

    Chris Lewis Guest

    Chris Lewis, Apr 8, 2008
  6. Chris Lewis

    Roger Mills Guest

    Yes - buy one that's never been locked to a VoIP provider, from a reputable
    supplier such as broadbandbuyer.co.uk
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger