Linksys PAP2 behind PBX - Sipgate

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Stephen Oliver, Sep 25, 2006.

  1. Stephen Oliver

    Stephen Oliver

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a Linksys PAP2 which is connected:
    • Line1: a CO port on a hybrid PBX
    • Ethernet: a port on an internally facing Ethernet router

    The PAP has a fixed IP address on the internal network and connects to the outside world via a Windows Server 2003 box running basic Windows Firewall and RAS. I have a SIPGate account configured - number is (0135)3638236.

    Using this configuration, I can:
    • Dial out via any phone on the PBX to a mobile or fixed line phone over the SIPGate network (forcing connection to the specific CO line)
    • Receive a call to the full PSTN number of the SIPGate port from a mobile or landline via the SIPGate network

    What I cannot do:
    • Dial out to a SIP number: I have a long period of silence then I am routed directly to that persons voicemail
    • Receive calls from a SIP number: The line rings but does not pick up the call (silent line)
    I have installed X-Lite on the PC and I can dial in or out perfectly well, so the SIPGate account is fully operational.

    I guess this is a port restriction problem and I am trying to identify which ports are required for signalling and routing - I have opened 5060, 5004 and 10000 UDP since starting looking at this problem but it still doesn't seem to work

    Can anyone point me to a sensible information source to identify which ports I need to open on the Windows Server? Alternatively it's something daft to do with the CO line connection. The only thing that is strange is that the SIP bridge works to non-SIPGate numbers!! Why are calls that originate off the SIPGate network successful but SIPGate calls unsuccessful?

    Thanks

    Can you point me to a sensible information source to identify which ports I need to open on the Windows Server? The only thing that is strange is that the SIP bridge works to non-SIPGate numbers!! Why are calls that originate off the SIPGate network successful but SIPGate calls unsuccessful?

    Stephen Oliver, Sep 25, 2006