    shut down and reinstall the card. Then everything works fine for a few days.
    Also when it does connect it's connecting in the correct IP range, I get a
    really weird IP. IDEAS?

    HotRod, Jan 15, 2007

  2. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    I'm familiar with wireless internet and protocols and am currently running
    without any WEP or WAP encryption. This seems to be an issue with the PC
    getting a proper IP address and being able to connect to the internet. My
    wireless notebooks all connect fine and get through put.

    I think I may need to lose the Linksys wireless card and try a new one, any
    suggestions on a good PCI wireless card?

    HotRod, Jan 16, 2007

  3. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    Before I add encryption to the problem I think I'll try and get an internet
    connection with this card working

    HotRod, Jan 16, 2007
  4. HotRod

    Lem Guest

    what is the "really weird IP" that you get when it does work?

    Lem, Jan 16, 2007
  5. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    what is the "really weird IP" that you get when it does work?

    If the IP range should be 192.168.1.100 - 255 I may get an IP of
    216.210.1.10, it's different each time.

    HotRod, Jan 16, 2007
  6. HotRod

    Lem Guest

    That IP belongs to TotalNet, a Canadian ISP (which redirects to
    http://www.ca.inter.net/).

    I assume you determined that this was your IP by doing an ipconfig /all
    command. If you determined your IP by another method, please explain
    what you did.

    That you are assigned that IP makes it seem as if you're connecting
    directly to the Internet, bypassing the router. Do you have any other
    network connection to this computer other than the Linksys WMP54G? Is
    TotalNet or uniserve/inter.net your ISP?

    Lem, Jan 16, 2007