Linksys BEFSX41 VPN

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by At Work, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. At Work

    At Work Guest

    Im having one heck of a time trying to configure a Linksys BEFSX41. Here is
    my situation:

    We have a remote office with 2 computers, that we will call location A. At
    location A they have a cable modem, which goes to the BEFSX41. Both of the
    computers are running Windows 2000 with static non-routable IPS. Computer A
    at location A has an IP of 192.168.254.2 and Computer B and Location A has
    an IP address of 192.168.254.3, with the Linksys of course being
    192.168.254.1. Both of these computers VPN into our main office, and check
    their mail using Outlook. At the main office there is a Sonicwall. On both
    of the computers at Location A, they have the SonicWall Global VPN client on
    their computer. The VPN works fine, except for one problem. Only 1 person
    can use it at a time. So that is why we put the BEFSX41 in there in the
    first place. They support 2 IPSec tunnels. This is how I have the Linksys
    configured. I have Tunnel 1 and Tunnel 2 enabled. Under Local Secure
    Group, I have IP Address selected and specify for Tunnel 1, 192.168.254.2
    and Tunnel 2, 192.168.254.3. This in my mind would force them to use
    separate tunnels. Under Remote Secure Group I have "Any" selected. Under
    Remote Security Gateway I have IP Address selected, and specified the
    External IP of the gateway in our main office. Then I have 3DES, and MD5
    selected as the encryption type and Authentication type.

    The VPN tunnel will work, but only 1 computer can use it at a time. Has
    anyone had the problem, or know what I am doing wrong? Any help will be
    appreciated. Thanks.

    At Work, Apr 7, 2004

  2. At Work

    hushia Guest

    <snip>

    The two BEFSX41's must be set up to operate on different LAN IP address
    subnets. For example, BEFSX41 #1 can be assigned 192.168.1.1
    BEFSX41 #2 can be assigned 192.168.2.1

    See: http://tinyurl.com/29bl5

    hushia, Apr 7, 2004

  3. At Work

    At Work Guest

    I was under the impression that was for doing a BEFSX41 to BEFSX41 VPN
    connection, meaning your subnet for your LAN can't be the same subnet as the
    VPN. In this case the LAN is 192.168.254.X and the VPN LAN is 192.168.1.X.

    At Work, Apr 7, 2004