    Don't have any settings for Voip yet as I am waiting for them to get
    back to me, but initial setup would be nice.

    TIA.

    Brian, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Brian

    Brian A Guest

    NO, it goes after the router.Connect the 'Internet', blue connection,
    to your router.
    User ID:Sip number
    Password:The password shown under 'SIP connections' on the voip.co.uk
    control panel. This is NOT the passowrd you log in with.
    Use Auth ID:No
    Proxy:proxy.voip.co.uk
    Outbound Proxy:proxy.voip.co.uk

    You should also study the on line PDFs re dial plan syntax.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---

    Brian A, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    OK Thnx. The guide then states

    2. After the unit has finished powering up, pick up the handset and
    dial **** to access the Linksys voice menu. At the voice prompt, dial
    110# and you should hear the IP Address of the unit. Go to a web
    browser and type in the IP Address like so:

    http://IP_ADDRESS/admin/advanced

    The ip address it states when I do this is 192.168.0.2 but when I type
    in the url http://192.168.0.1/admin/advanced it comes up with a blank
    page!

    Brian, Jul 12, 2007
  4. Brian

    Lurch Guest

    That's because you're typing in a different IP address.

    Lurch, Jul 12, 2007
  5. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Sorry that was a typo. I'll try again.

    The ip address it states when I do this is 192.168.0.3 but when I type
    in the url http://192.168.0.3/admin/advanced it comes up with a blank
    page!

    I can access the Netgear router fine, as normal.

    Brian, Jul 12, 2007
  6. Brian

    Lurch Guest

    And the IP addresses of the router and your PC are?

    Lurch, Jul 12, 2007
  7. Brian

    Brian Guest

    # IP Address Device Name MAC Address

    Router is 192.168.0.1

    1 192.168.0.2 LAPTOP 08:00:46:CE:AA:01
    2 192.168.0.3 UNKNOWN 00:0E:08:CC:37:BC (this presumably is the
    SPA3102)

    Brian, Jul 12, 2007
  8. Brian

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Brian wrote:
    [snip]
    By default you can't access an SPA3102 via the "Internet/WAN" port. You
    need to connect a PC up to the "Ethernet/LAN" port, let the PC get an IP
    address from the SPA3102 and then web browse to the spa3102 LAN IP
    address. I'd also temporarily disconnect the "Internet/WAN" port of the
    3102 from the rest of your network while you do this.

    If your PC gets something along the lines of 192.168.0.2 from the
    SPA3102 then web browse to 192.168.0.1, if your PC gets something like
    192.168.1.2 then web browse to 192.168.1.1.

    Once you are in the interface of the 3102, click on "admin login" and
    then "advanced", then go to the "WAN" tab. Change the setting "Enable
    WAN Web Server" to "yes" and click submit at the bottom.

    You can now re-connect your network as you had it previously and
    configure the device through the "Internet/WAN" port as you were trying
    to do before.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Jul 12, 2007
  9. Brian

    Brian Guest

    You little darling you. What a crazy, stupid, silly way of doing
    things by Linksys! It works though and I am now online via voip.co.uk
    in and outbound.

    Only trouble is the SPA3102 only has ONE phone port! I'd like two, so
    I'm gonna need to back it I think for something like the PAP2T, as I
    would like two separate numbers.

    Thanks for the great help and advice guys.

    Brian, Jul 12, 2007
  10. Brian

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Brian wrote:
    [snip]
    It's not that daft really. The reason is if someone has a cable
    Internet connection or an external ADSL modem, they can use the SPA3102
    as their router. Enabling web access by default on the WAN port would
    mean that anyone on the Internet could access it. You are safe though
    because your adaptor is behind an external router.

    So this is the lesser of two evils I suppose, even though the vast
    majority of people in the UK wont be using the Linksys ATA like that.

    Two separate numbers doesn't have to mean two separate VoIP accounts.
    Buy as many numbers as you want from your service provider and route
    them all to the same VoIP account. You can also use the "gateway"
    accounts on the SPA3102, I'll let you read the manual on that one as I
    have too much work to do!

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Jul 12, 2007
  11. Brian

    Brian Guest

    I need separate lines, for separate billing so we know who has made
    what calls, PAP2T seems an easier option for a thicko like me.

    Thanks again Paul.

    Brian, Jul 12, 2007