[Linksys 3102/Axon PBX] Rewriting CID on the fly?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Vincent Delporte, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. Hello

    I use those two pieces of technology, and I need to rewrite
    caller ID information on the fly: Some customers don't have names that
    are descriptive enough in their Name section of CID (eg. "Mc
    Donald's"), so I would need to...

    1. look up the CID number in a database
    2. fetch the city this customer is located
    3. rewrite the CID Name from "McDonald's" to "McDonald's 78th St"
    4. Have this SIP packet be sent to either the Axon PBX software, or to
    all the clients that are part of the ring group.

    Does anyone have an idea how I could do that, either on the Linksys or
    the Axon side? Unfortunately, Axon is a closed-source software, so I
    can't really do much on that end.

    I was thinking maybe of having some kind of proxy that would parse and
    rewrite data between the Linksys and the Axon. What do you think?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 17, 2006

  2. Enzo Michelangeli, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Right, but I was up and running within... 3 minutes :)
    Yup, looks like I'll need to add a Linux host to run Asterisk.

    Thanks.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 19, 2006
  4. [...]
    If you want to avoid the complexity of setting up a Linux box, I recommend
    you to check out Astlinux (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/AstLinux ,
    www.astlinux.org ). It's a complete distribution that can also boot up from
    a CD or flash memory (including most USB thumbdrives) and save its settings
    to a disk partition, possibly on USB thumbdrive. It also has a simple web
    interface that suffices for most configuration tasks.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Oct 20, 2006
  5. Thanks. I'll check it out, in addition to alternatives like sipXPBX,
    Yate, and FreeSwitch.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 20, 2006