    between floors?

    TIA
    Trevor

    Guest, Feb 20, 2007

  2. Hi
    To work this way a Wireless Router has to be configured as a Repeater or do
    WDS mode ( http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html ) . Most of the Wireless
    Cable/DSL Routers can not be configured to this mode.
    Some of the Belkin Routers can, it depends on the Model and the version. Log
    to Belkin Support site and look, if it clearly states that your Router can
    do WDS then you are lucky.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 20, 2007

  3. Guest

    Danny Kile Guest

    A router in repeater mode or using WDS mode will cut your bandwidth in
    half. For what you are trying to do it would be best to use Client mode
    wireless if your router supports that mode. You did not say which model
    of Belkin router you had so I do not know if it supports this mode of
    access or not. However if it did it would connect the to the 3Com
    wirelessly and give to wired access to your PC up stairs, in this mode
    you would not be able to connect tot the Belkin wirelessly with any PC,
    just wired.

    This may give you some guidance.

    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

    --
    Danny Kile
    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

    "Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
    you." Mary Bly

    Danny Kile, Feb 22, 2007