    As far as I know, distance from the router makes no difference. I have
    turned off all firewalls and that had no effect.

    If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

    prichichi, Apr 15, 2006

  2. prichichi

    Malke Guest

    1. Make sure you changed the default SSID to something recognizable and
    that you are connecting to it and not someone else's wireless. For
    instance if other people in your neighborhood have a Linksys router and
    left the default SSID at "linksys" and so did you and if their
    connection is unsecured (often the case), there is a good possibility
    you are connecting to the wrong network.

    2. Try changing the wireless channel. Do this in the router's
    configuration.

    Malke

    Malke, Apr 15, 2006