    wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)

    Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
    Thanks in anticipation

    Guest, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jack
    Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I didn't make myself very clear. I have a
    master PC connected via broadband to the Internet. I also have a wireless
    router attached.

    In my other PC (slave) I have a wireless network card. I managed
    sucessfully to get the two machines connected after a call to Belkin help
    line.

    I then switched off the "slave" PC and when I switched it back on I got the
    message about limited or no connectivity.

    Recently I purchased a laptop also with Wi Fi built in. I newtorked this to
    the wireless router also successfully but the same thing happened when that
    was switched off and back on!

    Whats going on please and how can I enable file and printer sharing betweeen
    the 2 machines?

    Thanks fopr your patience - I'm new to wirless networking

    Guest, Sep 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If your first computer is connected directly to the Modem and the Router is
    connected to a second NIC on the main computer. You need to use software
    Routing (ICS) between the Modem the first computer and the Router.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 25, 2005