Limited or No Connectivity - But can connect to other networks.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am trying to connect to my home network using our wireless router. Until
    last weekend, it worked fine.

    After trying to set up file sharing between my laptop (connecting
    wirelessly) and the home desktop (hard connection), I now get a "limited or
    no connectivity" error.

    The desktop is still able to connect to the internet.
    The laptop shows that it is receiving full signal
    The laptop can connect, wirelessly, to other networks in range.. just not
    our network.

    The WEP was not changed or reconfigured.

    Any thoughts?

    802.11b Wireless Router
    Windows XP

    Guest, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Mark,

    I had teh same problem. My system was working and I tried to set up a
    wireless network. I also changed the security to 128.

    I reset the security to disabled and it worked.. I am now going to try and
    turn it on again

    Bruce

    Guest, Oct 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Where did you change the security settings?

    Guest, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    use your browser (ie or firefox) and connect to your router.. check the
    manual. mine is a Belkin and the url is 192.168.2.1 . There is a "security "
    setting. I am still having problems when I try to set up a security key. This
    is a work in progress

    Bruce

    Guest, Oct 16, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The "Limited or No Connectivity" message means that receiving a IP address
    via DHCP failed. So, just think why.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Guest, Oct 17, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    The "Limited or No Connectivity" message means that there is a low siganal
    so please let us know what is the router you are having and also uncheck the
    notify me when there there is no connection or limited connection ,on your
    LAN settings

    Satson

    Guest, Oct 18, 2005