    work. Essentially, they can't get past the proxy. It doesn't matter if it is
    wireless or wired and it seem to only happen in SP2. Anyone else seeing
    this?

    Jeff, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Jeff

    ozzybud Guest

    Yes. I do tech support for just such a network, the only sollution is t
    use a mozzila browser, or I suppose any non-IE browser. This is an I
    issue and SP2. what happens is that no matter what XP SP2 won't let yo
    set the IE security settings bellow a certaint level. I forget exactl
    which, I believe medium-low is too low even for SP2. It will also o
    SOME installs to give the impression that it actually DID reset th
    security level when it didn't.. What are most providers & users doin
    about it? Either throw SP2 away or using firefox. check ou

    -
    ozzybu

    ozzybud, Sep 4, 2004