    one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 24, 2005

  2. John

    DoggNZ Guest

    I've got a BenQ DW1625. All I can say is Lighscribe labels are not for
    the impatient.

    DoggNZ, Aug 24, 2005

  3. John

    XP Guest

    All Made by Philips leave well alone.

    XP, Aug 25, 2005
  4. John

    John Guest

    This is the drive I have my eye on, I already own a BenQ 1620 that I'm
    very pleased with.
    Is it true it takes 30 minutes to write a label?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 25, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    BenQ - HP - LaCie all made by Philip's?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 25, 2005
  6. John

    Rex Havoc Guest

    Ive got a BenQ DW1625. Had it for 6~ weeks and now the drive tray wont open
    or close. It also stopped recognising my BattleField2 CD which was in there
    when it failed. :-(
    I hadnt tried labeling anything with it so am unsure of how well that works.

    Rex Havoc, Aug 25, 2005
  7. John

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Aug 25, 2005
  8. I had a hard time with a Samsung TS-H552U. Would just sit there with
    the light blinking like it couldn't read any CD.

    Turns out the power supply in the computer was failing, and the DVD
    writer was the first to notice. A couple of days after that, the PSU
    failed completely.

    Computer errors aren't always what they seem:)

    use.the.reply.to.header, Aug 25, 2005
  9. John

    XP Guest

    XP, Aug 25, 2005
  10. John

    John Guest

    If your talking about LightScibe you're wrong again Roger, LightScribe
    was invented by HP and is used by other drives under licence.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe

    As for drives made by Philips being crap, I can only point to a
    Philips CD burner I purchased in August 99 ($533)that is being used on
    a permanent basis in a friends computer and still works great.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 25, 2005
  11. John

    XP Guest

    John you are Totally Wrong HP, uses Philips Lasers and Drives, this is a
    well known Fact..

    Utter Crap I had a reply from a Philips Professor that also stated so, and
    Philips do not make good Lasers, gee I should know as I have to replace them a
    lot.

    Plus you do not need a Lightscribe drive as you have a Printer that can print
    onto CD's and in Colour.

    XP, Aug 25, 2005
  12. John

    Rich Guest

    Wogie can you explain the article I linked to at
    http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe
    where it says " Lite-On was contracted in February this year by HP to
    manufacture, market, support and distribute HP-branded DVD writer products.
    "

    The key word there to me is 'manufacture.'

    Rich, Aug 26, 2005
  13. John

    XP Guest

    XP, Aug 26, 2005
  14. John

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Aug 26, 2005
  15. John:

    I have heard it takes anywhere from 2 mins for a simple label to 37
    mins for a full label. LS announced they are coming out with faster
    media as well and you dont even have to buy a new drive!!!!

    lisasilver10s, Aug 26, 2005
  16. John

    John Guest

    Interesting - Would you have site or more information re the new
    media?

    LS?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 26, 2005
  17. John

    DoggNZ Guest

    The last one I did took about 20 odd mins. It's not something you do
    everday that 20 - 30 mins is fine with me.

    DoggNZ, Aug 29, 2005
  18. John

    John Guest

    Another poster mentioned there is new media on the way to bring down
    the time taken to make the label. If this is true I'll definitely
    purchase the BenQ 1625 drive. Looking for more information in regards
    the new media but at this stage aren't having much luck.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 30, 2005