Lightscribe disks suddenly very pale - Any thoughts

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I have been using a light scribe burner for some while now with no
    problems. Now however the labels are being printed very faintly.

    As far as I can tell for both the CDs and DVD's the data is being
    burnt OK

    The blanks I am using are from the same lot as before and I am using
    the same software - Droppix.

    I plan to remove the whole light scribe software and re-install but
    before I do I was wondering if anyone else has come across this
    problem

    I have Nero 7 on the machine (Win XP) but do not use it for
    lightscribe.

    John

    John, Dec 21, 2006

  2. John

    Meat Plow Guest

    Google for extended lightscribe lable contrast utility.

    Meat Plow, Dec 21, 2006

  3. John

    wgianni Guest

    My lightscribe experience is similar to yours but somewhat
    worse...instead of a faint image, I get no image. The blanks are from
    the same batch that used to work OK and the burner software (Sonic
    DigitalMedia Plus V7 on WinXP SP2) is the same. I've also tried a
    blank from a new batch with the same result.

    The are no error messages durnig the imaging attempt and, after the
    image burn cycle, Sonic says something like "imaging successful".

    Anybody have an answer?

    Bill.

    wgianni, Jan 12, 2007
  4. wrote:

    It's another laser diode doing the lightscribe thing, maybe it's "burned
    out". Remember, burners are (too) cheap pieces these days.

    Walter Mautner, Jan 13, 2007
  5. John

    Gimpy Guest

    http://www.lightscribe.com/support/index.aspx?id=495