    Heat in turn will kill the bulb. If the baseof the bulb is discolored
    Replace the fixture

    Dont thank me thank the USN. I was an ET3

    twofour, Sep 28, 2005

  2. My thanks to the USN. I'll take a look at that. The only issue that pops
    up in my head is, some of these light fixtures are only three or four
    years old. Most fixtures have been replaced over time. But I will take a
    look to see if that's an issue.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005

  3. twofour

    elaich Guest

    1. Vibration.

    2. Power surges.

    3. Buy good light bulbs. This seems to be one of the only things that GE
    makes that is of any quality any more. Phillips is also a good brand.

    elaich, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Perhaps it's time, too for a repost (this *must've* made it to 24
    before -- its very old) of Dark Sucker Theory. :)

    http://paul.merton.ox.ac.uk/science/darksucker.html

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 28, 2005
  5. I'm awfully embarrassed. I had no idea that the problem had been worked
    out years before. Please remove my question from your records.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005
  6. It has been done. There is no charge for removal.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 28, 2005