    you can't hide. BTW, she made first contact, when she saw you going off
    on that radio show.

    We'll get you the proper help that you need.

    Malcolm X, Mar 7, 2008

  2. John Smith

    SgtMinor Guest

    I get the feeling that this may be a waste of time, but here's a story
    from US News & World Report, not exactly a leftist publication: "On the
    Streets of Chicago, a Candidate Comes of Age. As a community organizer,
    Obama was a pragmatic leader"
    http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/070826/3obama.htm

    "Obama forged path as Chicago community organizer"
    http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/ny-usobam0302,0,6345539.story

    What should he have done in the two senates. Was there legislation he
    had promised to sponsor but didn't? In what way has he let you down?

    Andrew Sullivan lists some of Obama's legislative accomplishments here:

    "As it happens, Obama does have substantive legislative achievements. I
    have written more about them here. A few highlights, all of which became
    law:

    * Ethics Reform: Obama was the Senate's point person on ethics reform,
    and sponsored or co-sponsored the bills that made up what the Washington
    Post called "the strongest ethics legislation to emerge from Congress
    yet." I'm also a fan of this bill, which I think of as the Journalists,
    Bloggers, and Citizens' Muckraking Empowerment Act: it creates a
    searchable database of recipients of federal grants and contracts.

    * The Lugar-Obama initiative to strengthen the Nunn-Luger framework for
    securing loose nukes, and to extend it to securing and destroying
    stockpiles of conventional arms. (For instance, shoulder-fired missiles
    that could be used against passenger airlines, fired at our forces, or
    used to make any number of ongoing conflicts more deadly.)

    * Various bills concerning the response to Hurricane Katrina, including
    an amendment putting strict limits on the use of no-bid contracts after
    disasters, requiring planning for the evacuation of people with special
    needs and senior citizens, creating a National Emergency Family Locator
    System, etc.

    There are also a lot of good bills he worked on that did not make it,
    including the compromise immigration bill and a proposal to create an
    independent Congressional Ethics Enforcement Commission, and some that
    are on the Senate calendar now, like a bill to criminalize various
    deceptive election tactics, like deceptive robocalls, providing
    misleading information about where to vote or what conditions you have
    to meet to be eligible to vote, etc.

    There's a lot more. Honestly, there is. I wrote a summary here (and an
    earlier one here), and provided lists (1, 2, 3) of all the bills and
    amendments sponsored or co-sponsored by Clinton and Obama in the 109th
    and 110th Congresses, just so it would be as easy as possible for people
    to see for themselves. (Fun fact about each side's legislative records:
    during the 109th and 110th Congresses (which is to say, the time that
    both Obama and Clinton have been in the Senate), only one sponsored a
    substantive bill that became law. Guess who it was? Hint: the bill
    concerns the ongoing conflict in the Congo.) Which brings me to my
    larger point:

    I did this because I had heard one too many people like Chris Matthews
    talking about Obama's alleged lack of substance, and I thought: I know
    that's not true, since I have read about Obama's work on
    non-proliferation, avian flu, and a few other issues. And if people are
    saying he lacks substance, then surely I, as a citizen, should try to
    find out whether I just hallucinated all this interesting legislation,
    or whether this talking point was, in fact, completely wrong. So I sat
    down with Google and Thomas and tried to find out... "
    http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/02/dear-chris-matt.html

    SgtMinor, Mar 8, 2008

  3. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    You're right, it is a waste of time. I read everything I could and he
    hasn't done anywhere close to enough to warrant a visit to the White
    House never mind 4 years there.

    The best hope we have is that he doesn't make it. And from my
    experience if he wins the nomination the democrats will have a low
    turn out because white, middle class American won't vote for him and I
    agree with that.

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  4. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    Your wife was looking dead at you while you we're on you potty.

    Other question here:

    1) Did you wash your hands when you were finished?

    2) Did you hand your wife the cellular phone and it was clean?

    3) Did your wife hit you up side your head with the money wrench and
    chained you again?

    I must get the questions answered so that the orderlies can administer
    you properly. I am going put in an order for some very strong pills to
    put you down. I don't want the orderlies to hurt you with pipe.

    Hey, I got your back on this, because we don't want you to be someone we
    have to *Lookout* for partner.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  5. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    You heard it from Lookout an expert's expert.
    We'll get him under control once he is checked into the asylum. He's got
    some serious problems that only some serious medication can help.

    Old Lookout may be just a little too long in the tooth and doesn't have
    a sound mind anymore. We'll also tell him it has nothing to do with him
    and Barack, so that he doesn't start going off.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  6. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    Still nothing

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  7. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    We might have to beat it out you.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  8. John Smith

    SgtMinor Guest

    Well OK, then. But to give you a chance to say something positive about
    somebody, who is or would be a good candidate and what are his or her
    qualifications?

    SgtMinor, Mar 8, 2008
  9. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    Funny how you first thought I was young and now you refer to me as
    "old".
    That's why you don't deserve anything. You're always wrong.

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  10. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    I don't think anyone running is worth my vote.

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  11. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    Why are you torturing him? He can't do it. It's not in the man's make-up

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  12. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    It was during questions put to in the begging of our session that you
    said something about military and 1985.

    Don't you remember when you gave that up? You're already loosing your
    mind. You had better hurry up and check-in and get help. A mind is a
    terrible thing to waste. You don't have much left.

    My goodness, I have been assigned a Mission Impossible case.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  13. John Smith

    SgtMinor Guest

    You didn't answer the question. I'm starting to think you have nothing
    but prejudice.

    SgtMinor, Mar 8, 2008
  14. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    What are you talking about? black nigga, big lipped nigga sambo and a
    whole lot of racial slurs came from him the other day. It was shocking.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  15. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    I was simply reminding you that you were wrong when you said bush kept
    me in uniforms.

    You haven't earned the right to get answers.

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  16. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    I answered it. None of the 3 (Clinton, Obama or McCain) are worthy of
    the office. If I had to vote for one of the 3 it would be Clinton but
    my vote won't count here so this election I'll be voting for a 3rd
    party candidate as a protest to the 2 party system we have.

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  17. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    After I was called several racial slurs I returned the favor just as
    you would.

    Lookout, Mar 8, 2008
  18. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    You should have taken the higher ground. But since you are a
    x-military-dog and all around monster, you were incapable of doing it. I
    see you have escaped from your hole in the wall. You're unchained and
    loose on mankind again.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  19. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    We'll elect you Gomer Pile x-US-military-dog. You'll fit in well, as
    just another lunatic on the loose on the world stage.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008
  20. John Smith

    Malcolm X Guest

    You're too picky Gomer Pile x-US-military-dog and political expert. You
    go crawl back into the your hole in the wall and chain yourself in, you
    low life monster.

    Malcolm X, Mar 8, 2008